Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stereo/cb install in-dash?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mick

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: stereo/cb install in-dash? Reply with quote

I was thinking about mounting a new stereo head unit and cb radio in the factory stereo dash opening. Has anybody tried this? I use an external speaker for the cb mounted at the top of the windshield. My initial idea is to fab some sort of bracket in the factory stereo location to mount both the stereo and cb with a custom blank cutout to surround the faces in the dash. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
el_dubya

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 98 TJ and I assume the dashs are almost the same. If I understand you correctly, you want to put a stereo and a cb in the hole that the factory radio comes in right? I think there is only room for one or the other. I have seen people cut out the dash A/C vents and mount communicatins equip in there, but as far as squeezing both in the same hole.... good luck.

'98 TJ SE
15x7 ProComp Series 51 Rock Crawler Wheels
31x10.50 General Grabber AT2's
Taurus Fan
Uniden PC68 Elite CB
mick

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, you got the idea. I've measured what I could without pulling the factory stereo and it shouldn't be a problem as far as the opening in the dash bezel is concerned and there seems to be plenty of space inside. Keep in mind I use a small, cheap cb transceiver so only a small amount of space is needed for the face. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas like this or possibly seen a write-up for something similar?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: