Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning light panel signs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shimma

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Warning light panel signs? Reply with quote

What's the round green ring,(in the bottom left hand side of this warning panel) with 'sunrays' emanating outwards all around it,and a half rectangle on the top part of the circle?Only just started coming on in my son's 95 Cherokee,only shows when the light switch is pulled.?...there was also an awful screeching noise coming out from around that vicinity, for about a half minute+,then that stopped,but the green circle of light,still stayed on..sign goes off,when the switch is pushed back in.....cheers..Jim
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the "YOUR LIGHTS R ON" switch? Dunno, my wife's '92 has that screeching in/out when I leave the lights on after turning the jeep off, but no light. Maybe jeep added it in the later years? I would think so being as it sounds like what you described as the panel light. And the screeching may be from a bad ground, because I know most cars have some kind of buzz to let you know either you left the lights on or either your door is ajar. Good luck.
Shimma

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 'your lights are on ' symbol,as I described,my one isn't working,the bulb obviously must be blown, or something,as you say,isn't as it should be,touchy,loose,perhaps,so I just assumed his would've been the same.(No light on,display),that's why i thought it was unusual,that and the noise!!.All is well with it today, no noise,goes on and off,when turning the park lights on'n' off.Where on earth would've that screeching noise been coming from,tho?It was similar to the fax squelch you get when using the phone,at around 60-70 decibels!!! cheers for your response,...Jim
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, yeah if you want to disconnect that thing from making the sound I believe if I remember right it is under the driver's side dash and velcroed to the under side of the panel there. Be careful as there may be another small box that operates a/c controls under there as well. On my '91 sport it is directly under the steering column on the top side of the dash under that column if that makes sense. I just removed it from the velcro holder and disconnected it as to not have to put up with that shrieking anymore haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: