Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something stinks!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donzrubi

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Something stinks! Reply with quote

Ok...... I've got one for you guys!........ I'm getting this Ammonia like smell coming from my rubicon?? I can't tell where it is coming from! All gauges read fine..... it doesn't smell like antifreeze, the best way I can describe it is Ammonia like? Kinda burns the nose!.... Shocked Anyone??????????
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it smell 24/7? Or when running?

If it's just when running, possible catalytic convertor going bad?

If it's 24/7, just a possible idea?? Not trying to be cruel mean or anything but, I did have a friend have this happen to his CJ7. If it's open, meaning no dorrs etc, maybe a cat or skunk peeded in your ride?? My friend had this happen to his CJ7, told him he should have never painted it brown rofl rofl On the positive side there is a product to kill smells, not mask them. Other than that I have no idea??
IBTJn

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ammonia smell is typical of a cat spray or ass gland of a dog. Have you had the top off? Any animals?

(when I saw the title of thread I thought I was going to get blamed again! Embarassed ) rofl
tonloco

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it smell stronger when it hot outside if so and you have not had the top and doors down it could be the chemicals that are used in production i have a several trucks that while they were new would have a strong odor after they sat in the sun for a while the smell usually went away in a few months i think it is the same chemicals that give you new car smell that have started to deteriorate but since i cant actually smell it i could be wrong
good luck finding it
donzrubi

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Pee.... I never thought of that! I have had the doors off and the top down, but I keep it in my garage at night! I notice it more when I'm driving! It shouldn't be my catalytic converter! I only have 25k miles on it???? I don't know!!!! I have to take it the dealer for some other leaks ect. so ....... maybe they can check the cat.! Thanks guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: