Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fairfax County Police Officer Killed in the Line of Duty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Fairfax County Police Officer Killed in the Line of Duty Reply with quote

H2_RECOVERY on the Beltway site was asking if there was anything we could do to figure out a way to support our local law enforcement. Any suggestions?

For any police officer line of duty death there will be a huge funeral procession. The last one that I was involved with was when the State Police Motorcycle Officer was killed going to a call. That procession was over 2 to 3 miles. We were working and took all of our vehicles from the fire station and staged them at one corner along the route and turned on our emergency lights as they went by. The other fire stations along the route did the same thing in there areas. We should be able to get the date and route, what do you all think about lineing up our Jeeps along the route to show support?

What do you think about getting with the other Jeep Clubs in the area and doing a huge lineup along the route?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
rovertmutt

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. Let me know.

-Trevor.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll do it too
Drake69

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to join in as well...

StreetDoc

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the services or attend what I was trying to set up with having as many Jeeps as were available line up along the procession route. Heres the info for the Funeral and Procession. I also included the info for a trust fund being set up for the family if anybody wishes to make a donation.

Funeral service:
Saturday May 13th, 2006, 1100 hours

McLean Bible Church
8925 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, Virginia 22182
703-790-5590

Interment:
Bright View Cemetery
Old Auburn Road & Lunsford Road
Warrenton, Virginia 20187

Following the funeral service, a procession will leave the church and proceed to the cemetery.

A fund for Detective Armelís family has been established. Donations can be sent to:

Armel family trust fund
C/o: Fairfax County Federal Credit Union
4201 Members Way
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: