Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trail Clean-up with OCC - June 3rd

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Trail Clean-up with OCC - June 3rd Reply with quote

Wayne (OCC's President) sent me the following e-mail, are we interested?

David,

Looking at another multi-club trail clean this year. Know you guys couldn't participate b/c you were headed on a wheeling trip. Checking to see you guys are interested in participating on Saturday, June 3, 2006. This is a solid tentative date and will firm up once the date gets closer. Thanks. Later...

- Wayne
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve and I have a wedding that day to go too. Rolling Eyes

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea...I had to pass on being a trail guide for this years Jeep Jamboree (it's that weekend) because of this wedding...well that and the fact that the prerun is the weekend of the races at RIR.

What really sucks about it is that I was #10 in the lottery...in other words, a shoe in. Evil or Very Mad

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to pass along the info and let the club determine what they want to do.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya. That just means Jen and I can't go. I think the club should have some sort of representation at the cleanup...the more the better. Wink

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbt, moved per to events David's request.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trail cleanup project is a go for June 3rd, anybody that can help please do so! Wayne is getting permissions needed for useing the local dump at no charge. The trails for the project should be Dry River, Flag Pole Knob, Rt 33 and whatever else. Additional needed items are Pickup trucks and Trail Guides/Leaders. As I get more info I'll post it here.
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest update from Wayne:

Did a Recon this past weekend. It didn't seem that dirty...but then again..I was drying kind of fast to check out a lot of the trails.

Trash notes
- some trash at Dry River camp sites
- some trash at the the 3 pull-off areas on the right side as you west on Rt 33
- few tires, bed on FR 72 at the beginning
- some trash at the ATV parking lot and camp site near the ATV parking lot
- small fridge/tires near off Union Springs Rd near beginning down the hill about 20 yards
- little bit of trash at some of the camp sites on Dunkle Hollow (sp?)...the campsites where you come down from Flag Pole Knob and out onto Rt 33 on
- some trash at the Kephart campsites at the beginning

With the Memorial Day weekend before trail cleanup, I expect there to be more trash at the campsites. Ran into a couple scouting out campsites for a group of folks.

I'll slap a detail email in the new few of days. Later...

- Wayne
RTFS

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there in the dual role of representing FM2CD and NovaJeepers. Not necessarily in that order rofl
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats ok, we are going to be there also in a dual role, FM2CD and Beltway. I think I need to join a couple more clubs, I have to much time on my hands rofl rofl rofl
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StreetDoc wrote:
Thats ok, we are going to be there also in a dual role, FM2CD and Beltway. I think I need to join a couple more clubs, I have to much time on my hands rofl rofl rofl

We'll try to go too Wink We'll be there in a dual role too, FM2CD and .........................................oh wait, You know I think I have to much time too rofl rofl
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest up-date
Ok. Here are the details I just posed on the OCC list:

The following is a list of places I have planned to clean (depending on turnout). CB channel listed below
- FR 72 + ATV Parking Lot + Camp Site (channel 30)
- Pull-off areas along Rt. 33 (channel 32)
- Dry River (channel 34)
- Union Springs and Campsites on Dunkle Hollow (channel 36)

Our immediate needs from folks are:
- Pickup trucks or trailers (like M416)
- Guides to lead folks for the cleanup

Please let me know if you can help with the above two (2) items. You can hit me off list at wlau (at) collegeboard.com.

Things that folks should bring on the day of cleanup are:
- Heavy duty trash bags (I'll have some with me to pass out as well)
- Gloves
- Dust pan and small hand tools to scrap up glass
- Possibly straps to strap down trash for the pickups

We will be meeting at 9:15 am at Mountain View Elementary School (2800 Rawley Pike, Harrisonburg, Va. 22801). We'll have a quick driver's meeting and head out.

The school is located right off Rt.33. As you go west on Rt. 33 off I-81 from town, it goes from 4 lanes to 2 lanes (1 way each way). At the next traffic light make a right into the school. We'll be staging on the left side of the school where the buses are. Please drive slowly through the school parking lot as there are playgrounds there with kids running around and some kids are riding their bikes in the parking lot. The principal has been nice enough to let us use their parking lot again this year.

Couple of notes on the dumping the trash. We'll be dumping the trash at the Rockingham County Landfill. I need to accompany the pickup trucks to the landfill so that we can dump the trash free of charge as I need to sign paperwork. I'll try to make two (2) trips there depending on how much trash we collect. The last run to the county landfill will leave from the big pull-off area on Rt. 33 at 3:30 pm. It's the first pull-off area going west on Rt. 33 and is the biggest one with the "Do Not Litter Sign". Here are directions to county landfill if we get left behind or get behind going there:

http://deathspiralstuff.com/jeep/Trips/2006/2006_06_03_Multi_Club_Trail_Cleanup/Rockingham County Landfill.doc

I'll be hanging around Rt. 33 along the pull area after lunch or so and will be on channel 30 if you need to get ahold of me for a trash run or whatever. My cell is 703-300-1955.

Thanks. Later...

- Wayne
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a week away, who is going to be able to attend?

Names:
David & Donna
rovertmutt

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to be able to myself. I had originally planned to go but now I must act as lifeguard for my niece's birthday party, which is that same day.

-Trevor
jppilot61

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't make it! (Jeep's broke!)

I already dropped Gas tank (AGAIN!) and replaced Fuel Filler hoses (Fuel Leak!)

But I must replace both front inner axle seals in preparation for June 17th VA54WDA 25th Anniversary trail event. I'd like to get Step Rails, New HD Crossmember and Transfer Case Skid and a radio installed too!

I am running out of weekends!!!

1992 XJ Laredo
RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: