Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lift Manufacture Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kansas5.9zj

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Lift Manufacture Question Reply with quote

Im lifting to 6.5 or 7 inches....should i go with Rubicon Express, Rock Krawler, rusty's 5.5 + Spacers, or kevins???
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those are your only choices.. I would pick Kevins.. Then Rustys. Or Maybe Claytons...

I have heard Good and Bad about RockKrawler.. I dont have any personal experience..

I am running RE 5.5 on mine and Am very happy.. (Of course I am getting a custom long arm built as I type...) I am having mine built by Richard ZJ he is local here in Louisiana and has a very nice setup..

He makes his arms out of 2" DOM same as everybody else..

Pretty sure he can sell you a kit for much cheaper than any of the afore mentioned kits if you are interested...

Give it a few weeks and I will post pics and info on how it works..

Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
viper24242

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampy, how big is the lift going to be and by "cheaper" how cheap do you think we are talking?
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
nixt

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Lift Manufacture Question Reply with quote

Swampy,
Is that your ZJ in the pictures in your last post? If so, how many do you have and what years/specs are they? I'm only familiar with the one that you have had pictures of in your write-ups. What type of rear axle is that in the picture? It looks like an 8-lug. Possibly a 12 or 14 bolt?

-nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zebra is mine...

The Green ZJ is a 93 Orvis with a Chevy 14bolt rear axle.. Thats Johnathans (RichardZJ)

My long arm kit will be the Prototype for his future grand kits.. It will be 7" He is looking at somewhere in the $1000 neighborhood.. Thats almost half of what a RK or other Longarm kits are ..

He is opening a shop as we speak and he gets a very good price on steel so he is going to pass the savings on to his customers..

I am going to be his spokesman (so to speak) we have been friends for a while and he has been running the long arms in the pictures above for a couple of years..

He has a 60 front and a 14bolt rear and is running 38's.

I will have more info very soon if any of you guys are interested you can PM me and I will put you in touch with him...

Carl

One more thing.. Braided steel brake lines can be included with the lift kit..
(Not sure if they will be an option or included I will let you know..)
They come in plain stainless or covered in plastic.. Red, Blue, Charcoal and clear..I have pics of my brake lines if you want to see them.. They are Aeroquip lines made for my by a local speed shop..
I will get a picture of the sample pieces I have..

Same as my tranny cooling lines ..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
viper24242

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1000 dollars!!!! Damn!!!!! I tired not to get my hopes up but I would have put it more around 1500 to 2000 dollars. I know where my next 1000 will go too. Hopefully within the next month when I get a summer job lined up. Is it a bolt on kit or weld on? Just courious because I need to get it installed by a shop if its bolt on. How much lift is it? Are you gonna run stock shafts or custom ones?
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
AEM throttle body spacer
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be 7" and it will be a rail that goes over your factory unit frame.. He said he can make it weld on or bolt on.. I am welding mine just because (Ill probobly bolt it tolll Mr. Green ) I am not absolutly positive on the price but he told me that it will be in the $1000 neigborhood...To me that means less than $1500 which makes it a very good deal..

He currently has a version of this lift (except 9" I believe) and is running stock shafts.. He told me I could probobly run my stock shafts as well..

I will let you know soon.. The only thing that is holding me up from dropping my truck off is that I dont have another truck big enough to tow it.. I have to borrow or rent a truck to tow my ZJ to him..

My Monty will barely move the Jeep around the yard... Mr. Green

IT may not pull....But look at that awesome flex... rofl rofl rofl

viper24242

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it would be around a thousand give a few hundred. I was just amazed that it was even going to be around a thousand when most kits I've seen are 2500-3000 dollars.

I don't know if I really want 7 inches, somewhere around 5 inches would be nice. Do you think that would be an option?

By the way, those are some sweet rims on your mall cruiser.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
AEM throttle body spacer
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure he could do that...

I will contact him and let see whats up...

Those are the stock rims that I painted black..

I had just had my drivers front tire swapped out thats why you see the aluminum shinning thru the paint.. When the ballanced the new wheel they put the weights in different spots..

I have since touched them up..

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: