Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warn Bumpers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> TJ Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Warn Bumpers Reply with quote

I just bought the Warn front and rear bumpers with tire carrier. Who has them? How was the install? What are some pitfalls I should look out for as far as the install goes? How have they performed on and off-road? Looks? Weight?

Any help would be apprciated.

Jeremy
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't you have asked those questions before purchasing the items?
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: ehirner is just not a nice guy Reply with quote

wow....this is my first post is this is the way you treat new members?? thanks for nothing.

p.s. you're an asshole. i hope you get cancer.

jeremy
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well gee, I think you're a dildo. How does that make you feel? jo
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: ehirner is just not a nice guy Reply with quote

jplamontdc wrote:
wow....this is my first post is this is the way you treat new members?? thanks for nothing.

p.s. you're an asshole. i hope you get cancer.

jeremy

Cancer is the coolest, I am a cancer and I love my birthday. I think that if you really need to ask the questions you have asked then maybe you should

A) not buy things esp expensive things with out research
B) let someone else install them
C) not be a hypocrite
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously, i did my research. i checked around and i've obviously looked into them online and in mags. how'd i get them?! my questions were more about the install than anything else. a friend told me that this is a good forum and i should post to see if anyone has installed them, maybe find out a hint or two from someone who's done it before. point being, i was looking for guidence from the group, not a wise-ass remark about what i should have done. when it's all said and done, you don't answer a question with a question. 9 people viewed my post and didn't say anything...you know why? because they didn't have anything helpful to say. ms. ehirner may even have just been being sarcastic, but for my first post on this forum, and for him being a damn moderater, he didn't help. if he didn't have anything to offer, he should have kept his mouth shut and don't say anything. that's that.

i think my jeep horizons days are numbered. j-
kizer
The Link Meister
The Link Meister

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandmother died of cancer. It wasn't a pleasent experience.

I'd save yourself the pain and sell those items on ebay.
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, this is getting rediculous...are my questions going to get answered or are people just going to bitch?!

not to get all corny and all but where the hell is the jeep spirit?
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telling somebody you hope they get cancer is the jeep spirit? You're the retard that started getting shitty, yet you still want your questions answered and you're saying this is getting ridiculous? There are better bumpers out there. They're open in the back so they pack with mud. Being that they're open in the back, they don't weigh as much as a closed bumper. Install is straight forward. Can I get a reach around now? Rolling Eyes

And before you start getting all shitty again, I'm going to the cemetery today to put flowers on my grandfather's grave. It's his birthday. He died of cancer. Asshole.
tanner2

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Warn Bumpers Reply with quote

jplamontdc wrote:
I just bought the Warn front and rear bumpers with tire carrier. Who has them? How was the install? What are some pitfalls I should look out for as far as the install goes? How have they performed on and off-road? Looks? Weight?

Any help would be apprciated.

Jeremy

Questio #1 Who has them? Does it really matter. You bought them. You supposedly did the research before you bought them.

Question #2 How was the install? Most products come with an installation and/or diagram on how to install their products. Most of the time bumpers are put on with two bolts on either side, sometimes 3. Mine have two on either side on the back bumper. It does have a trailer hitch receiver in the middle. You insert the ball half of the hitch into the receiver, put in the hitch pin and hook up the trailer wiring. Before you do all of that though be sure to have the nuts on the bolts that hold your bumper on the jeep. You do own a jeep correct? If you do not own a jeep then I would think the Warn bumpers would not work.

Question #3 Pitfalls of installation? Whatever you do DO NOT drop the bumper on your foot. It will hurt like hell plus you may need to go to the hospital for x-rays/painkillers and it will cost more money unless you don't have any insurance and then it will cost me because I have to pay taxes so you can get fixed up.

Question #4 How have the performed on and off road? It's a bumper. The only way to see how they truly perform is to run into something. On road the ideal thing would be another car or maybe a tree at a high rate of speed. Off road maybe another bigger tree or a rock overhang you are trying to crawl up or over. If they bend or break or snap well then you have your answer. You might want to take them to a aerodynamic lab (wind tunnel) so you can get the aerodynamics of them so your gas mileage won't suffer. Hell, I fabbed my bumpers and did a test on them, installed them and my gas mileage went from 13mpg to 21mpg just by adding front and rear bumpers. I did put a spoiler on the back bumper.

Question 5 and 6 I'll answer both here. It's probably a black bumper. Warn and most other manufacturer's put pictures of their products on the main sales page as well as weight. I'm sure when you got these bumpers the weight was listed there as well. If not look at the freight receipt and the weight will be listed there since I doubt the mailman delivered them.

All on all, why did you buy these bumpers if you would have to ask these questions AFTER you bought them.

Good luck with your purchase and if you can't figure it out just stick them on ebay or UPS them down to me and I will.

The Tanner

Last edited by tanner2 on Fri May 26, 2006 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
BlueJ

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Warn rear bumper with tire carrier. What size tire will you be carrying, and what type of trails?

It is not a very heavy-duty carrier. If you are planning to tote a tire larger than 33", or bounce it around on hardcore trails, I'd suggest returning it before installing, and go buy a Jeeperman or Durango 4x4 instead.

I hade some buddies do the install while I was working on something else, so I can't give you any hints there.

I hope this is more the response you were looking for.

ps. ehirner has a lot of technical knowledge. I think he responded to your first post appropriately. Don't you be an asshole on this board...
tanner2

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jplamontdc wrote:
i think my jeep horizons days are numbered. j-

We can only hope so Finger

The Tanner
Bishops Finger

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacks so last year as a colour...why don't you paint them pink..Believe it improves the fuel consumption as well
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i posted my EXACT message on another jeep forum and i got actual answers right off the bat.

last night when i posted my response to ehirner i was out of line and was way too harsh and if he ever responds back i will apologize for that. but seriously...wtf? you guys are mean. but whatever, i wanted some answers and i got them. thanks to code, tanner, blue and a few others. but again, i apologize for all the folks with cancer or the family/friends that have died from cancer. and to all the e-tough guys out there who know everthing...way to be. take care. j-
kizer
The Link Meister
The Link Meister

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jplamontdc

Take every post with a grain of salt. Every post you post or read there will always be somebody who says something you do not agree with. However wishing ill things on somebody will never win them over nor get you anything you need.

Personally I do not like anything Warn makes other than their Winches. Thats just my opinion and I would never shove it down anybodys throat. I have done the research and have seen countless opinions posted all agreeing with what Ive found and of course Ive found countless arguements going exactly the other way.

Honestly if you think you've started on the wrong foot here you have. However grow from it and you will see that there is a wealth of knowledge here. Dont believe me? Post that same question on Pirate4x4.com and see what happens. Make sure you respond the exact same way you did from the first reply. Mr. Green
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: