Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Towing expectations(yes it does tow well but must sell $20k)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crd_driver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Towing expectations(yes it does tow well but must sell $20k) Reply with quote

I've been an avid visitor to this site since purchasing my CRD about a year ago, but I have not seen many posts on towing in various situations. My Liberty has been everything advertised. 23 city, 26-28 highway (if I stay at posted highway speeds). While towing my pop-up camper on many trips the mileage was remarkably good (22-23 at 65 mph) on level roads and not much worse in hill country. I made several trips from Southern Illinois to Eastern Tennessee with the pop-up and was comfortable at all times. When we upgraded to a travel trailer (TT), I picked it up with the Liberty in Eastern Ohio and towed it home through heavy rain and wind and an otherwise unremarkable trip. That's a good testament to it's capabilities using a weight distributing hitch and anti-sway control, and brake controller. I'm a real believer in diesels. I also own a GMC Seirra 4x4 with 6.5 turbo-diesel, an 06 Beetle TDI (wife's car), and an 05 Passat TDI. But, I felt getting too close to the max towing weight with the TT was not good in the long run with the CRD and I tow with the GMC now. So, after only 12,000 miles, I have decided to sell the Liberty and have it listed on cars.com for much less than the average retail price.

Last edited by crd_driver on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About how much do those trailers weigh when you have them loaded? Sorry to hear you're selling your Jeep.
crd_driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Towing expectations (yes it does tow well) Reply with quote

The pop-up weighed about 2200 pounds loaded and the travel trailer weighs about 4500 pounds. When towing the pop-up, you could almost forget it was behind you and it towed up hill effortlessly with no downshifts. With the travel trailer in similar conditions, up hill required shifting out of overdrive but I was still easily able to maintain cruise speed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: