Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

93 GC. LTD Anti Theft system/starting problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: 93 GC. LTD Anti Theft system/starting problems Reply with quote

Hi everyone !

I`m new on this forum,Ihave probel to start my GC. it looks when I turn my ignition swich on running position fuelpump is not comming on just after 20 times of turning but sometimes it takes 45 min or more,javascript:emoticon('Confused'),
Confused, it have to be some electrical problem whith the computer or other thing because befor the pump is turning on my engine check lights is flashing for one minutes, the fuelpump relay,auto shut down relay are klicking in athe same time for the same period,!!!!!(if this is done then I can start my car whitout any problem,but as I told you if is done sometimes it take 45 min or like now it wont do nothing I tried for 1.5 hour.Now no klickin no check engine lights .)
I cheked the ignition swich , fuses ,relay,sparks,every common problems,all works.The only problem is:::
something stopping the fuelpump and.. engin check procces (engine light won`t come on)javascript:emoticon('Sad')
Sad When I want to read the engine codes (turn 3 times the ignition swich) the alarm srtarting to come on every time so if the alarm is comming on and every singns is showing me that is something stoping the engine check procces it can be just my anti theft system(factory made) is not sending power for the fuelpump relay what can I do. I want to disconnect the anti theft system but I don`t no where it is,
I bought a book:Haynes repair manual but I coudn`t find anythig about the anti theft system. Confused Confused
Please if anybody head the same problem let me no how to fix it ,any ideas could help me .....javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')
Rolling Eyes
I jusy bought a 93GC limited week ago, and I would get some informations about this model.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will find out how to disable and let you know..

Unless you include the sawzall work..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: same problem here Reply with quote

My jeep sounds like it's doing the same thing. when i turn the key on, I won't hear the fuel pump motor until the "check engine" light illuminates on the dash, I found this out later after further troubleshooting. I did make the mistake of changing the fuel pump, about a $250 mistake. But all my relays check good also, I changed them just to make sure. When reading voltage at the fuel pump connector, it doesn't get power until the same time the "check engine" light comes on. so that leaves me with a few questions, what sends the check engine light, or actually performs the engine check sequence? PCM? I was also told that it could be the anti-theft system, bad sensor on passenger side fendor under hood. I think i've found the sensor but not sure, and yes the haynes manual doesn't say anything about the anti-theft system. I've got two of them that range from different years, and neither of them talk about it.
I would like to take a different approach to the problem though, I would like to fix it other than disable the anti-theft. I'd rather have the alarm if I could keep it. but if it means replacing the PCM or anything rather expensive then I'd end up disabling the anti-theft. Any help on this matter would help greatly. oh yea, 1993 jeep grand cherokee limited L6
one day at a time

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread was written awhile ago, but just found it again and thought I'd update. I had to change the ECM to get the fuel pump to motor correctly. That sucked, but it fixed the job and my jeep's been running grand ever since.
one day at a time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 94 Grand Limited Used, sent off for a owners manual. It explained how to check the anti-theft system. Sit in car, lock doors with auto lock button,close door ,Secutity light will flash in ins panel about 15 sec then stop, alarm is set. open door from inside with out unlocking,alarm will sound,horn/lights, try to start engine, will not start, ck engine light flashes. Have to exit vehicle and unlock door with key in drivers door to disable system.
Did you set off alarm accidently and not reset w/key maybe?
It's a JEEP thing.... you wouldn't understand!
If it ain't a JEEP, its a wannabe!
Happy trails to you!
Whats in your holster?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: sounds similar Reply with quote

i have a 93 limited as well and i know this sounds funny but sometimes when i start the jeep the theft detterent will kill the engine. by pure accident i found that if i honk the horn itll fire up and stay running no problem. might try that sometimes when it dies right after starting also if anyone else has experienced this and fixed i would be interested in knowing how cause i just live with it right now.
1993 jeep grand cheerokee
1994 jeep grand cheerokee wrecked

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:04 pm Post subject: 96 Grand A Reply with quote

This was my response the thread: 96 Grand Alarm. I believe that it can help you get out of your current predicament.

It is funny that you should bring this up. When I was in a wreck and totalled my previous ZJ, I got a rental from the insurance company of the lady that hit me. I had two rentals- a chevy and a chrysler. I noticed that neither of them had an exterior lock to put the key in on the passenger side door. I assume that this is done to save money on the purchase price for the rental agency. I mentioned this to the guy at the Jeep dealership and he said that it really is necessary to have the passenger side key hole on your vehicle if it is equipped with a keyless entry and alarm system. When I asked why, he said that if you lose the keyless entry fob or the batteries in it die, if you insert the key in the passenger door lock it will disable the alarm system. I've tried this on my '98 ZJ by setting off the alarm and inserting the key in the passenger door and sure enough, it shuts off the alarm. I don't know if this is really the answer to your question, but it is useful information to know.
1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited W/242 swap
JKS disconnects & Garmin GPS
Heavy duty OME Suspension kit
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: