Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go easy on me, it's my first time...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Go easy on me, it's my first time... Reply with quote

Hi all, been reading the boards for a few days, finally decided I was gonna take the plunge. I live in New England, S.E. Mass to be more exact. I bought my first Jeep, a 2005 X- series Wrangler about two weeks ago. It's pretty much stock right now but over time I'm sure I'll be adding some toys... as I figure out just what I want.

OK about me, 41 year old dad of two, my kids are already haunting me about goin' off road LOL. I'll probably try some easier trails if I can find em but I am in no hurry to do any major stuff just yet. I have never had a 4x4 and if I can find a local club that'll let me tag along that's one thing but ... well anyway... I am sure over time I'll be asking all the questions you have probably heard before, I'll try to use FAQ forum first to keep from boring you too much, but if I do ask I hope you don't mind too much.

Umm that's about it for now, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Joe in MA.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome along

youll be surprised at what a stock jeep will do
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

JCA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Sorry I thought it was posting a pic... Reply with quote

let me try again... Confused
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2373487

That looks like it worked, Thanx Code3 for the mini tutorial, I'll catch on... I hope...

Last edited by JCA on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
JCA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"youll be surprised at what a stock jeep will do"...

Oh I don't plan on testing it that hard just yet Very Happy . I am happy just the way she is, but I wanna get a hard top for winter and some fog lights, nothing too crazy just yet. Eventually if my son (13) gets it, I'm sure he'll add to her, just because he is that kinda kid Wink ... for what I may add eventually, I have no idea but we'll see.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCA wrote:
Oh I don't plan on testing it that hard just yet Very Happy . I am happy just the way she is, but I wanna get a hard top for winter and some fog lights, nothing too crazy just yet. Eventually if my son (13) gets it, I'm sure he'll add to her, just because he is that kinda kid Wink ... for what I may add eventually, I have no idea but we'll see.

Funny, but I said the same thing not 2 years ago! rofl I also was 41 when I bought my TJ. Here is/was my TJ before completely stock including bumperettes shock ;

and here it sits now with lift, axle lockers, 35's, 4.56 gears, and a host of other nick nack things that I had to sell one of my kidney's to get;

Whatever you do, don't go have fun off road with it! You'll never hear the end of the statement above...or so has been the case with me. Embarassed

Welcome to the forum and congrats' on your new rig! It looks like a nice one.
Wink
tonloco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice lookin rig and as for the statement you made good luck with that. every one i know that bought a jeep and said that went off road 1 time and thier rigs have not been stock since including mine
jppilot61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DITTO what everyone else said!!!!

Don't fight it, Go with it!

1992 XJ Laredo
RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231
JCA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeHe I'm sure you're all right, I am still getting over the shock of having bought it, am afraid of thought of being able to keep it... you know the pinch me to see if I'm dreaming thing? Wink ... Once I meet up with one or two Jeepers from around here, see what I "need"... hehehe...
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my Jeep in stock form..

You dont need to add a bunch of stuff to make a Jeep trail worthy mine is bone stock... Just like showroom new...

rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Intro and Testing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: