Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings...

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are Jeepers Morons?
Hell Yeah!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It's a definite possibility...
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Not likely...
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Definitely not!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I don't care, gonna be a Jeeper 'til I die!
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

JCA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Greetings... Reply with quote

I have just been informed by my kids (it kind of slipped out), that I am now in an elite group. My out-laws, who have never really liked me and whose opinion I obviously have no regard for have told my son and daughter that "only morons buy those things, because only morons drive them" referring to my recent purchase of a 2005 Wrangler soft top. They are such hypocrites because they say that their reason refers to my deceased sister in law (their son's wife) who they liked less than they like me, if that's even possible. When she was younger she was drunk and riding in a friend's Jeep when it rolled over. She was unbelted and smashed her skull on a rock. Well they say all Jeeps roll not just the ones being driven by young, unsafe, drunk drivers and that my niece (that woman's daughter) isn't allowed in mine. Granted SUV's roll but my kids are always belted, I don't drink, I don't speed, and at 41, I don't see me jumping into hard core off road antics without all possible safety including finding someone to show me how (personally more than mild trails won't be in my future any time soon). Sorry all just had to vent. I don't really care what they say, but I hate that they injure my kids to get to me. That I do care about... I thought this would be a good place to write this and ask, is it true? Am I just a moron? LOL...

Last edited by JCA on Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
IBTJn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...all Jeeps roll, as do cars, trucks, SUV's, bikes, tricycles, skates, you name it. Given the right circumstances any vehicle can and will roll. Is a stock TJ more prone to roll? Once again it depends on the circumstances. With the short wheel base it's easy to over correct so yes. However, much has been done over the years to make it a more stable rig on the road. My TJ drives & handles MUCH better than my CJ7 did. Different suspension, handling characteristics, etc. make it SOOO much safer IMO. Nevertheless, some people would never care about facts like that. Sounds like you could have bought just about any rig and they would find something wrong.

I say enjoy it...and tell them to pound sand! If they get stuck, they can call someone who cares. Wink
JCA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, if I bought the exact vehicles they did I would be copying and anything else they have a reason why it's wrong. It just pisses me off they use my kids to pass their poison. What they say matters nothing at all to me, and sorry I couldn't resist the poll, I was gonna add "they're just jealous", but it ain't true, they're just arses is more like it...
monkeyman3875

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBTJn wrote:
Yep...all Jeeps roll, as do cars, trucks, SUV's, bikes, tricycles, skates, you name it.

I second that. Only idiots make Jeeps unsafe(-er). Living in NC we don't get much snow (mostly cold rain), so when we get anything it's slush and ever one starts to freak. The only rolled jeep I've seen was during a particularly large amount of fallen slush and some idiot didn't know how to use his 4 wheel (probably thought it was miracle drive) and ended up upside down off a 4 foot drop (this dude was dumb anyway).

Also, my sister complains constantly about jeeps, eventhough I have one, and my brother-in-law (HER husband) has a '99 XJ with a 4.5 in. lift.

Sorry, I had to rant, the whole jeep/roll issue gets me every time (same with Scouts/Gays but that's a whole nother rant).
-130k Miles (and counting)-> let me know of any preventative maintenance you guys can think of. PM me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: