Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how cold does your a/c get ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildgarden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: how cold does your a/c get ? Reply with quote

O.k so I just got my a/c serviced with more r12 and they said it had loose fittings and that caused the old to leak out. I've only had the jeep a short time and don't know the typical temp on the a/c and how cool the cab will get. Mine isn't super cold or strong is that how all old xj's are or is mine just weak ? Thanks for any replies
________
Yamaha XV1100

Last edited by wildgarden on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Ptown_bogger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not really too sure on old cherokees. but my 98 gets really nice and cool. Smile going from a truck with no a/c for 2 years to this iceberg beauty is wonderful.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not quite that simple. There isn't a single typical temp. How cold it blows will depend on the outside air temp (and humidity) as well as the inlet pressure to the compressor and the discharge pressure from the compressor.

As an example, at 80 degrees the A/C should be between 33 and 44 degrees (measured at the center outlet) with 32-41psi inlet and 200-260 psi discharge.

I'd ask them what the readings were when they did the work. If the system had leaks, it's also important to purge all the air (create a vacuum) before adding R12 or the A/C will underperform.

HTH

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wildgarden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on that sounds more like it. Plus I think there are into reaming your wallet. I'm not going back there. It seems as if they do half the work so you have to come back. thanks for the advice you always have a clear answer.
________
find headshop

Last edited by wildgarden on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
RRBunn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: New forum member with an 89 and 90 cherokees need A/C help Reply with quote

I've gotten all kinds of conflicting input on repairing the A/C on my two Cherokees.

My 1990 has 147K on it and runs well but the A/C has leaked out.

My replacement for the 90 is a nice 1989 with weak A/C.

Is it possible to go to 134A without replacing the whole system?

Any ideas.

Rick
in Alexandria, VA.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure what's involved in doing a R134a conversion, as I've never done it myself (my 97 has 134a). I do know that the access ports on the hi and low side are different between R12 and R134a. I know someone who has done the conversion on at least one of his vehicles. I'll ask him.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: