Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electric Fan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quantex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Electric Fan Reply with quote

Anyone have any secrets to why my electric fan goes out during the hottest part of the year. Took my truck to the mechanic last year, same time only to have him tell me the reason my truck was overheating is my fan wasn't coming on. No charge to fix it, but it is doing it again and all the fuses are good just like before. Would rather fix it myself, if I knew what he did to get it going again. Is there something I am missing ? Checked fuse under dash OK, checked fuse (big fuse) under hood OK ?
Any ideas ? Thanks for your response
94BGCherokee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a Jeep 4.0 the fan will not kick on until a certain temperature i believe its 210 from the factory, however turbocity.com makes it to where it will kick on at 180. Are you letting the vehicle get hot enough, also the fan should work when you havge the A/c running. Is the vehicle overheating?
quantex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Electric Fan Reply with quote

Yes it's overheating and the fan is not coming on at all. Iv'e put a voltmeter on the connection leading to the fan and nothing. I've changed out the relay box, the little fuse and the big fusable link (even though they appear fine) still nothing. I've decided to make the drop off at the mechanic that fixed it last time because I'm dumbfounded. Thanks for the response.
majikxms

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you ask him what he did to fix it Wink
94BGCherokee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that you took it to the mechanic already,but there are 2 sensors on the 4.0, on on the block and one right on the thermostat housing, those might be faulty, I hear you though its one of those things that you hust cant figure it out, sorry i couldnt be more help.
Renegadestang

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried wiring up the fan directly to you battery? Unplug the connection right at the fan, get you some wiring with alligator clips and hook it up to the battery. If the fan doesn't turn, time for a new fan. End of story. That's how mine is right now.

1981 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade: 307-4V SBC, SR-4 4-spd., 31x10.5 Wild Spirit's

1966 Ford Mustang: 289-4V, C4 Auto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: