Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELPPPPPPP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heatherbg26

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: HELPPPPPPP Reply with quote

HOPEFULLY SOMEONE HERE CAN HELP ME, I HAVE A 93 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4X4, AND I HAVE SEVERAL PROBLEMS I CANT SEEM TO PIN POINT. FIRST THE AC DOESN'T BLOW VERY HARD AND IT IS COOL FOR THE FIRST 30 MINUTES THEN GETS WARMER, NOT REALLY HOT JUST DOSENT COOL AS GOOD. THEN THERE IS THE WATER IN THE PASSENGER SIDE FLOORBOARD THAT I CANNOT SEEM TO FIND A HOSE THAT IT IS COMING FROM, I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR A DRAIN HOSE FOR THE AC AND I CANT FIND IT! IT SEEMS TO BE COMING FROM THE BLACK THING BEHIND THE CARPET ON THE FIREWALL BUT I CANT GET THE DANG THING OFF TO SEE IF IT IS A DRAIN! IS IT HIDDEN AND IF SO WHAT THE HECK! THEN THERE IS THE BUMPIMG NOISE WHEN I HIT A POTHOLE OR JUST A ROCK THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE FRONT END IS ABOUT TO FALL OUT, I REALLY DONT THINK THAT ITS THE FRONT END FALLING BUT IS THERE SOMETHING THERE THAT WOULD MAKE THIS BUMPING/KNOCKING NOISE? PLEASE HELP A STRESSED OUT 26 YR OLD THAT REALLY HATES FOR HER DAD TO HAVE TO FIX EVERYTHING. IM SURE HE THINKS ITS ABOUT TIME TO DO IT MYSELF OR GO TO A MECHANIC BUT THEY CHARGE TO DANG MUCH. Shocked
Renegadestang

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, please don't type in all caps. It's considered yelling. Second, you should be posting in the "Grand Cherokee" forum, not "Cherokee".

1981 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade: 307-4V SBC, SR-4 4-spd., 31x10.5 Wild Spirit's

1966 Ford Mustang: 289-4V, C4 Auto.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving this to the Grand Cherokee forum...and please do turn off caps lock. Wink

First thing I would do is check the A/C systems performance.
http://jeephorizons.com/tech/ac_recharge.html

Based on the description though, it sounds the problem is with the evapoator coil, which is located in the heater/AC housing (the black thing on the firewall). To get at that, you'll have to remove most of the dash components.

The noise from the front end could be a lot of different things...a loose shock, swaybar end or bushing, track bar mount, etc., etc,. First thing to do there is to crawl under and start looking for anything that is obviously loose.

HTH

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early grands are famous for the evaporator coils leaking, that job involves removing the dash and pulling out the big ol heat box

the front end could be hub assembly or ujoints
heatherbg26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Sorry bout that Reply with quote

Renegadestang wrote:
First off, please don't type in all caps. It's considered yelling. Second, you should be posting in the "Grand Cherokee" forum, not "Cherokee".

Sorry about both, i was unaware of the caps thing and i must have just made a simple mistake on the cherokee thing.
heatherbg26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fox2go wrote:
early grands are famous for the evaporator coils leaking, that job involves removing the dash and pulling out the big ol heat box

the front end could be hub assembly or ujoints

Thanks for the information i will be sure to check on that front end thing. I did find out why the ac was leaking. The drain line was off and it was all coming back into the floorboard. Thanks
heatherbg26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
Moving this to the Grand Cherokee forum...and please do turn off caps lock. Wink

First thing I would do is check the A/C systems performance.
http://jeephorizons.com/tech/ac_recharge.html

Based on the description though, it sounds the problem is with the evapoator coil, which is located in the heater/AC housing (the black thing on the firewall). To get at that, you'll have to remove most of the dash components.

The noise from the front end could be a lot of different things...a loose shock, swaybar end or bushing, track bar mount, etc., etc,. First thing to do there is to crawl under and start looking for anything that is obviously loose.

Thanks for the information, and sorry about the wrong forum thing.

HTH
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written this a few times lately..

Here is a simple check for most of your front end components that you can do yourself or with the help of anyone else.. (Even a girl.. Mr. Green )

Look at the front end there are little rubber boots at the section where the steering joins the axle.. those are your balljoints.. If the boots are soft (poke them) then get a grease gun and grease them..

Where 2 / 9 / and 11 are in this picture.. Also at top and bottom of the steering part... (Ball joints..)

And while you are under there look at your control arm mounts and swaybar mounts.. Wiggle all of them.. Any motion or wiggleing of the joints is not good...

Then ... If nothing there is loose.. Then jack up one side..

While someone else is watching the unit bearings . (this is where the tire is bolted to the front axle..) grab the tire at 3 and 9 and wiggle back and forth.. Any movement in the unit bearing is bad.. Change it.. (They are about $130 each..)

If it doesnt wiggle grab the tire at 6 and 12 and do the same.. This time if you feel any wobble your Balljoints are bad..

Do that on both sides.. And let us know what you find.

Good luck..

If you dont know how to grease fittings just ask your dad to grease your front end for you and have him watch the hubs while you wiggle them and tell him what you are looking for.. He will be so impressed he will be glad to help...Mr. Green

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
towyou88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWAMPY !!!!

Most of my suspension bushings appear worn as they look cracked and some grease leaks out of other bushings.

Are these hard to replace and are they expensive?

Whenever I go over bumps or cracks the front end makes alot of metal clanking together noises.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a new set of boots from Energy suspension.. (auto zone can order them if they dont have them in stock..)

You will need to pull all the joints apart and put the new boots on..

So a pickle fork will be needed..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: