Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

View previous topic :: View next topic  
egohavoc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello,

I am Mark, and perhaps I might be posting this in the wrong topic, but I have questions about my Jeep WJ (1999)

I love my Jeep to death but I feel like it's time to make some changes..

Currently it's only a 2wd and I don't think I'm really going to change this.. unless I can do so w/out buying a new Jeep (Can't buy one until I have better credit)

I'm open to all sorts of suggestions but most the changes I am going for are cosmetic, like the headlights that have faded and look yellow. Those are first on my list and next is a paint job!

So my question about that is, can I paint over the rubber bumpers and side panels? Would it look okay? Should I just replace the bumpers w/ new ones?

After I fix some cosmetics I want to dump some money into the performance.. if that's possible w/ an inline 6.. I'm not a big motor buff so I could use some help :p

I just want my jeep to be a mean motherfu.. well you get the picture.
(Something to this effect)

Here is my Jeep (2 y/o picture)

I was thinking about things like a brush guard, fog lights etc. etc. I might even keep the color, I don't know.. my thoughts are speratic and some help would be awesome.. because I'm not 100% sure what I want or need.. or how to get it :p

Looking at the car now I would like a brush guard, new headlights, new grill (different style) possibly new tail-lights (or light guards) foglights and a possible lift.. on the inside.. I want something to give the engine a little more punch (not that it needs it) - but I'd like to suprise some people on the road :p I also want the engine to be a little louder.

I appologize for the strange post.. hopefully somebody will make sense of it.. because I'm still trying to. Please, throw your own ideas in! I want to dump a fair amount of money into over the next few months!

Thanks again,
- Mark

I really do appreciate any input
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an ARB bumper and a budget boost...

Not that hard to build..
The good thing about Grand Cherokees is that the lifts work for 4 and 2WD models..

Get her done.. Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
egohavoc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, (nice Jeep btw)

Well that answers my bumper question (even though i don't have much use for a winch)

What about aftermarket headlights and grill?
Shane4188

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck with 2wd you have a lot of use for a winch
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahaha... Thats true..

Those lights look like Hella's to me.. They are available at many of the larger auto parts stores.. (Advanced auto , and Pep Boys carry them for sure..)

I think ARB makes non winch bumpers.. You can also check Protofab I think they carry a WJ bumper..

And for the record.. You can put 31's on with a Budget boost and Goodyear Wrangler MTR's last a long time so they would be fine for a street driven rig that wanted to look cool and offroad..

Take my daily driver for instance..

Fine example (I think ) of a good looking street truck..

Edit.. I took the lights off the brush gaurd cause I was changing some wireing around and adding a transmission cooler .. They will be back on soon... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
egohavoc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool man, thanks again for the help!

Do you have any website listings I should take a look at? I'm cool w/ the foglights, I was wondering more about actual stock replacement headlights. Mine are all faded and yellow at the moment, and It's embarrasing. I like the style of the WJ Limited lights, can I put a limited part into a laredo?
nixt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! Every vehicle that swampy has is pimped out! I thought that you didn't like putting the spare up on a roof rack because it is so heavy. Is your zebra jeep street legal? -Do you tow it with the mitsubishi?

Egohavoc- check out www.kenmtn.com for good aftermarket bumpers that aren't overpriced. Then you can mount some hellas to your new bumper- but get the rock guards because they are cheaper than replacement lenses. You can get coil spacers or an Old Man Emu suspension to fit larger tires. Also, if you are going to repaint your jeep you can pull off the body cladding if you don't like the way it looks. For a louder engine, get a 40 or 50 series flowmaster muffler.
-nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Zebra is street legal.. Thats why I kept the side mirrors when I trimmed the doors..

The spare on the Monty is only a 31 I can handle that from the roof.. I almost killed myself with a 33 steel rims.. Have you ever seen my bruise picture??

It got darker but I couldnt lift my arm to get a picture of it.. Mr. Green

Oh and the Monty might be able to tow the Jeep ... but not very far... rofl rofl

egohavoc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I think I'm going to get Kevins 2.5 lift followed by a new bumper or bull bar.

As for engines, I was thinking intake, then exhaust followed by computer. I'm not sure if I should go any further because I don't plan for any hardcore off roading or mudding. Maybe light stuff but she's only 2WD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: