Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie with Rubi questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heavy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Newbie with Rubi questions Reply with quote

Howdy. It's nice to find another jeep forum to learn more about my ride.

I just traded my 98 sport in for an 06 rubicon. I love it, and it's more ride than I need but I got a great deal.

I have some minor issues with the finish and the rollbar padding. On the paint, there are a few bubbles on the doors which are tiny but it bugs me. Also when I pulled the driver's side window, I noticed one of those little bubble was broken off, and metal was exposed. I did not do this! Will a dealer take care of this under warranty?

When I pulled the sunrider top down, the arms of the frame felt a little tacky. There are whitish, glue(?) marks on both sides of the rollbar padding. I tried a little water to see if they'd come off, but nope.

Also, another minor padding issue, is that it's pretty loose fitting and wrinkle-y around the bends. The velcro stuff is not holding so well either. It looks sloppy, and not at all like all the pics from jeep and even owners photos I'm looking at on the web. I understand they changed the padding to give a beefier look a few years back. But mine looks real sloppy. I doubt the dealer will do anything about this, but I don't like how it looks.

It's minor stuff, I'm loving this jeep. But for an almost $30K ride, I would really like to have it right. Any opinions or ideas?
greenbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

take it back to the stealership and see if they will tighten that stuff up for you. It's your investment in the jeep and for 30k you should get EXACTLY what you thought you were getting!

Will
TJgirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Rubi Reply with quote

I also have a 2006 Rubicon and it's not like that at all! I would take it back to the stealership and have them make it right! you paid too much money to not have it right, JMHO
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: