Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D30 Bolts..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeWtheDog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: D30 Bolts.. Reply with quote

First, I'm new to these forums so I just wanted to drop in and say hi.

My fuel pump died a while back and while i was searching for replacement pumps online (autozone wanted something like $250), I found Swampy's write up on how to install an external pump for $90-some dollars. I'm half way through that project, but so far it's going well.. Just a little slower than expected because I haven't had tons of time to work on it.

I also wanted to comment on all the great information you guys have put together.. Most jeep communities I've found are REALLY lacking on Grand Cherokee info.

All that said, my problem: I was changing my diff fluid and got interrupted half way through--with the cover off and the gear oil draining out. I came back and the cover was still there, but all the bolts were gone. Sad One of my parents decided to sweep out the garage while I was gone and didn't think they looked important... Does ANYOEN know where I can find them? I can't find them online, autozone, nappa and the chrysler/jeep dealership said they didn't know if they could find them (which seems really strange to me). I'm going to hit up the other dealership in the morning, but if someone else knew of an alternative solution, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Dj

...oh, and the reason I was changing my diff fluid:

It REALLY didn't look that deep Wink
nixt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: D30 Bolts Reply with quote

Anyone that sells rebuilt or replacement axles should be able to get them for you (example: dynatrac, currie). JC Whitney, Randy's Ring and Pinion, or Summit Racing may not have them listed in their catalog or website but they should be able to get them as well. Or you could go to your local salvage yard. Look at this as an opportunity for you to get a differential guard or one of those high capacity diff covers that holds more differential fluid. In either case you would need new, longer bolts anyway.
-nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go to a U pull it bone yard with a ziplock back and a 13mm wrench..

Take the bolts off any dana 30 and put them in the ziplock and roll on home to install them..

Or go to Lowes or Home Depot with a bolt from your rear diff and find one that matches it.. (Diff bolts are all the same..)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: