Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

odometer message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brotje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: odometer message Reply with quote

I have a 2001 jeep cherokee 4x4, 4.0l with 85k miles.
The jeep is not wanting to restart after it has been driven and warms up. Sometimes it takes a little peddle feathering to keep it running on a cold start.
Last night after a short trip in the jeep I tried to restart it and it would not fire-up. After a few attemps the engine light came on and the odometer displayed a message that read "no bus". Anyone seen or know want this message is trying to tell me and is it related to the starting problem??
Thanks-
majikxms

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing a search on "No Bus" on the search tab. The problem's been TJ related to this point but who's to say an XJ can't have loose wires. As far as the hard to start problem, start with a tune-up...new plugs and wires..yada yada.

Could it be related...yes.
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: running badly Reply with quote

NO BUS sounds like a loose connection. Mine was running badly too, I changed the plug wires, plugs, dist cap and rotor. No more chugging. Mine has 90k on it. I'd start with those if you've never replaced them. Also, IMO dealer wires are the best to buy.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
brotje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have learned my lesson on plug wires, oe are the best bet.
I will try and get new parts in the jeep. I am just wondering if it's a senor or rely that is causing the start up issue. Once she is running there does not seem to be any issues. Idles great at stops and takes off fine. While driving she is smooth and does not talk back in any way?????
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Ok, I didn't get that when I read it the first time. I've never heard of an issue quite like that. Usually you touch the pedal in an EFI car it is harder to start. Good luck and please tell us what you find.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: