Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rausch Creek Oct 6-9

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Rausch Creek Oct 6-9 Reply with quote

I was looking at Lodging for this trip, the closest hotels at exit 100 are already booked. Rousch Creek is located at exit 107. The next closest are in Pottsville - local roads (18 miles), Frackville which is exit 124 I81 (20 miles), or Bethel exit 13 I78 (20 miles).
If you use the link below and entry the city as Pine Grove, PA it will list the hotels in Choice Hotel Chain in the area of Raush Creek.
http://www.choicehotels.com
Also, here is the link to Rausch Creeks list for lodging. http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.com/lodging.php
The lowest cost one that I found is the Econo Lodge in Frackville $62 if you reserve your room in line. We might need to start looking at rooms for this trip now rather than later.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
jppilot61

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just reserved a room (Online) for us (3 nights - 6th, 7th and 8th) at the Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge (PA152)
501 S. Middle St. , Frackville, PA, US, 17931
Phone: (570) 874-3838 Fax: (570) 874-4660

Rate was $69.99 per night (Only $64.99 on Sunday night - Monday is Columbus Day, State Holiday!)

CORRECTION: $60 night with Governernment/Military Discount! Even for us Retired Military! yippee!

Where is everyone else staying?

1992 XJ Laredo
RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's good to know the gov rate is better. Being a gov weenie now, I can use that rate, woohoo.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
rovertmutt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my CJ5 is running, I'll be going on that trip. Otherwise, I'm not certain yet. Altho, I could be one of our dedicated photographer since I might not be driving.
jppilot61

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have a ride you can ride with us (but you have to leave Trevor home! No, sorry I meant you must leave Yank at home!)

1992 XJ Laredo
rovertmutt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Trevor's getting to be a real pain. He won't take me anywhere fun.

yankee
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our reservations are made also, we are going to try to bring some class into the place that THOOSE people from Tappahannock are staying at.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
jppilot61

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I BET you can't!

1992 XJ Laredo
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Steve and I have a reservation at Econo Lodge so we will be bringing the class of the place down.

So Mark, did you tell the lady you were on "Official Government Business?" She asked if I was traveling there on official business, I was like, ummm ya.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
jppilot61

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Military personnel and Retired Military Associations enjoying leisure travel

I read their site carefully!

I am Retired Military enjoying leisure travel!

1992 XJ Laredo
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter has a totally stock Cherokee that Yank can drive if he wants to. Someplace around here I know we have a harness that Yank can use to keep Trevor in the Jeep to punish him for not taking him any place fun anymore. Finger
rovertmutt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's alright. I got him a muzzle and a harness to buckle him down in the back with. Very Happy

Wouldn't your daughter be a little upset with me driving her XJ? You know I don't have a license.

-Yankee
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - From the Rausch Creek website:

Quote:
How much does it cost? We require all persons 16 and older to become members of the park. The membership costs $10 and is good for a year from the date you join. This membership requirement applies to passengers as well as drivers. Once you are a member, the daily entrance fee for the vehicle and its driver is $25.00. Passengers are $5 each with children 15 and younger free. Included in your daily fees is free primitive camping. See Membership Application page for the membership application and parental waiver. All children 17 and younger require their parent to sign a parental waiver. We do not accept credit cards (cash or check only).

So it's $10 per person, then $25 per day with a $5 passenger fee. So 2 people in one Jeep for 2 days will cost $80.

The membership application can be found here.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is going to this besides us, Steve & Jen, and, Mark & MJ?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's it. We should be able to cover a lot of ground with just three of us. I'll take the easy lines. I promise. flipoff agree rofl

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: