Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie with questions and a new jeep

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDan214

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Newbie with questions and a new jeep Reply with quote

Hey guys..Im new to the site and I just bought a brand new black 2006 Grand Cherokee Laredo. The gas has been a little rough so far (still only averaging around 13 mpg at 160 miles) but other than that im absoutely in love with it. Im interested in getting some wheels for it, ive been leaning towards black ones but Im open to suggestions. What do u guys have on yours, pics? Also the stock sound system is great, for a stock sound system, but I'll be looking to upgrade that aswell...basically just tell me what some of you guys have done to your Laredos and I'm open to all suggestions and recommendations. Thanks guys!
nixt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't mention which engine you have. Does it have the new MDS? Mileage will vary until the drivetrain is broken in- after at least 500 miles. You mention new wheels as well. If you get larger and therefore heavier wheels then you will suffer from poorer performance and thereby poorer gas mileage. If you just want black wheels, I have seen people have their stock wheels professionally refinished and painted to match the color of their vehicle. However, I've never seen it done on a Jeep. I don't know how much it costs to have wheels painted, but I imagine that it is cheaper than purchasing new wheels. I've also never seen or heard of stock wheels being stolen- but I have heard that it is quite common for vehicles with expensive aftermarket rims being recovered missing the wheels. That would lead to the conclusion that the purpose of the whole vehicle being stolen was just to get the wheels.
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
LakerDan214

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixt wrote:
You don't mention which engine you have. Does it have the new MDS? Mileage will vary until the drivetrain is broken in- after at least 500 miles. You mention new wheels as well. If you get larger and therefore heavier wheels then you will suffer from poorer performance and thereby poorer gas mileage. If you just want black wheels, I have seen people have their stock wheels professionally refinished and painted to match the color of their vehicle. However, I've never seen it done on a Jeep. I don't know how much it costs to have wheels painted, but I imagine that it is cheaper than purchasing new wheels. I've also never seen or heard of stock wheels being stolen- but I have heard that it is quite common for vehicles with expensive aftermarket rims being recovered missing the wheels. That would lead to the conclusion that the purpose of the whole vehicle being stolen was just to get the wheels.

hey thanks for the response...its just the 3.7l v6 4x4
nixt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that the V-6 would get the best mileage over any of the other Jeep GC's. After the break in it should improve. But try to get the same size and weight of the wheels you already have so it doesn't hamper performance and thereby your fuel ecomony. I would still think that painting the stock wheels would be the way to go.
-nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: