Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

options

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: options Reply with quote

I have an 87 cherokee that i am currently building to make as a wheeler, Im not afraid to saw zall, but i am lookin to lift it. Id like to keep it around 600 bucks for the lift, just wondering what would be the best route to go for the lift, the rear, surprisingly, doesnt look as it has sagged much if any

also what year cherokees will the windshields interchange? I need a new one to pass inspection

and my power windows are really SLOW, super slow, slower than normal any ideas?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much lift are you looking for? There's lots of homebrew options if you stay under 3" or 4".

Don't quote me, but the windsheilds should interchange through at least 90 or 91...possibly as far up as 96.

I don't have an answer for the slow power windows. I would try putting 12v directly to them and see what happens.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im lookin for about 4-5 inches, whatever i can do to clear 33s, i know i will need to saw zall, thats fine its gonna be strictly a wheeler, as for the windshields i was also told up to a 96 so i think ill be safe if i stick to 91 and under

as for the windows they are faster with the engine running but they are extremly slow. is it possible that they are in need of rust penetrant or some lubrication?

i have a friend with an 88 xj runnin the 3 inch rough country aal kit, 1 inch shackles and lift spacer up front, for a total of 4 inches, he hasnt had any spring sag and hes had the lift for about 3 years. Do you think i could get by with an aal?

thanks phantom by the way
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=FTS-7205

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_4.html

those are two kits i was thinking about, for the full traction could i add shackles and the coil spacers up front for 4.5 inches?

i like the full traction better because of the dual leaves you add to the rear
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with the Full Traction kit. If you also add shackles in the rear and spacers in the front, it will be closer to 5" (most extended shackles are 1.75"). So you should also think about an adjustable trackbar as well. You might be able to get away with a t-case drop at that height but you might need an SYE...you won't know that until the lift is under it.

Although you won't need them right away, you might want to think about UCA's too....especially with it sitting at 5".

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you think the aal from full traction would be ok? i could do that now then later on add the shackles and spacers...if i get monster vibes since its not a DD i can save up for an sye

being as the tcase is that old would it benefit from a rebuild as well?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of AAL's, but the two leaf setup from FT is a better option than a single AAL.

Rebuilding the t-case would not be a bad idea...you are only talking about a few bearings, seals and a chain. I would wait until when (or if) you do an SYE...you'll have the case open then anyway.

Quote:
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a plan, goin with the FT lift. That site says it includes shocks all others say add the same price but add 150 for shocks. i hope that isnt a typo... i will make a call tmw to check and ill keep you updated on the install and such

thanks again
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i called the store and they informed me that the full traction kit does NOT include shocks. Adding shocks would add about 180 more dollars. The rough country kit includes shocks but only has the one leaf to get 3 inches

I talked to my friend again he says that his rough country aal kit is holding up fine...

any other ideas? as of now im goin with the rough country kit
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a windshield, anyone have any experience puttin one in? is it a glue in? Im also still concidering lift options.... any input is great
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: