Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading stock suspension

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FNG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Upgrading stock suspension Reply with quote

I am considering a 4" skyjacker flex lift or 4" pro comp kit. Which of the two would more capable and less problematic. I also have a question about lockers, I found that Auburn electric lokcers are in my price range but are the problems with friction plates in lockers really as bad as other manufacturers make them seem?

Last edited by FNG on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desired tire size? Intended use? There is a lot of lift information in this subforum and also the Suspension subforum. Start searching. We can help you better if you're more specific with your questions.
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry this is off subject, but "FNG", you wouldn't have anything to do with a well known publication would ya? And what the hell does it mean, is an acronym for a colorful metaphoric phrase or just your initials?

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
FNG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No association with any publications, just an acronym for my level of jeep knowledge. You wouldn't happen to know anything about or have any experience with sky jacker or pro comp suspension?
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Apex wrote:
I'm sorry this is off subject, but "FNG", you wouldn't have anything to do with a well known publication would ya? And what the hell does it mean, is an acronym for a colorful metaphoric phrase or just your initials?

Fawkin New Guy
JeepMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 4" Skyjacker Double Flex lift and I like it alright. However, it squeeks like crazy driving down the road. I also have 2" coil spacers in conjunction and I'd definetly reccomend a long arm kit instead. It is squirrely as hell on road. On a good note...no one ever wants to borrow my Jeep anymore because they're afraid to drive it. Rolling Eyes I personally think it flexes great and performs fantastic out on the trails. I only wheel with one other Jeep on a regular basis and he has a Pro-Comp 4" on his. The first time we wheeled after he had his lift he was wanting his money back.
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
TJ Apex wrote:

Fawkin New Guy

Yeah, I figured. Finger
I'm looking at the OME 4" lift (when money and wife allow). I haven't seen anything in any magazines about OME, but a lot of folks in this forum rave about them. If I had the money, N'th deg. looks like a well thought out long arm system. Wink

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
FNG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided on using the teraflex 4" lift and 35" tires, but at $4,000 bucks for the long arm kit I'm thinking of going with the basic kit and adding the arms later. what type of handling problems could I be expecting until the arms are added?
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What long arm kit are you looking at that costs $4000? They are about $2500.
FNG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4000 includes installation. I may be able to install it myself but I am concerned about proper alignment and set up of some things. I dont have a very good place to work on things or all the proper tools.
looking at the parts lists of the kits overwhelms me a bit, but I guess that's what this forum is for, if I have a question ask it.
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FNG wrote:
4000 includes installation. I may be able to install it myself but I am concerned about proper alignment and set up of some things. I dont have a very good place to work on things or all the proper tools.
looking at the parts lists of the kits overwhelms me a bit, but I guess that's what this forum is for, if I have a question ask it.

Ask around locally. People will help and most likely offer you a better space to do the install. Then take it to a shop and have it aligned if you aren't comfortable doing that yourself. Save the install labor and buy tools (or more parts if you've already got tools). And chalk it up as a great learning experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: