Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice for storing soft top??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gi Joe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Advice for storing soft top?? Reply with quote

Any thoughts on storing soft top for winter??
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang it in a garage or shed???
Lowrider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. I'm getting ready to put my hard top on and will be storing the soft top for the first time. The video I got with my Jeep shows the dude hanging the entire assy. from a couple of wall hangers in the garage with the bows and fabric up. I'm thinking about hanging it the other way, canvas and bows down, and shrouded in plastic sheeting so it doesn't collect dust.

I imagine the most important things are to make damn sure it's dry before you store it, make sure the storage area is ALSO dry, and make sure it's out of the action so it doesn't get damaged.

2006 Wrangler Unlimited
1997 Cherokee Sport 2WD
dsgodda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to my local Ace Hardware and got two ladder hangers for a few bucks each. They're about 10 inches wide with up-turned ends protected by a plastic cap. They're rated for 30 pounds each and my soft top fits into them perfectly. I saved the vinyl cover Jeep originally wrapped my top in and use that to protect my soft top while I have the hard top on my Jeep. I store my top with the legs down.

Lowe's sells these hooks for around $3.50 each or $4.99 for a two-pack. I used four of them mounted to lumber and screwed into studs to hang my full steel doors when I take them off the Jeep. I padded them with 1" pipe insulation. Working great so far!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: