Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steering issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhinolinedcj5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Steering issues Reply with quote

My jeep is finally done, but the bad news is my steering. I have a 80 CJ5 with 35 inch tires, no sway bar, 4inch skyjacker suspension lift , 1 inch body lift. Power steering. Now when i go in a straight line over 25 mph my car tends to just jump right or left, and its hard to control it, very unsteady. I took it to get aligned and the place i took it too said they aligned it but the problem wasnt fixed they didnt even charge me. All the tires have the same amount of pressure, lol all the lugs are tight. Im thinking its the power steering gear box or pump, all the lines are new and hooked up right. No leaks or noises and it turns great both ways. What do you think is wrong, how do i fix it?
BadThumper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Dude. Reply with quote

I have similar problem.. 85 CJ7.. I have 35" TSL Super Swamper Boggers on it.. I am all over the road.. all steering components good, steering box rebuilt, did a alignment on it, I have TWO trailmaster stabilizer shocks on the steering linkage, stupid thing goes where it wants on th road..

Lift about 4" suspension and 2" body.. thinkin Im going to try a Track bar on the front axel to try and help.. any other ideas please let me know

BAD
Hopper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess, you're also running a damper type shock. (like "rancho").
If you are you'll need a "gas" charged shock for greater highway control..
Hopper
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> CJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: