Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Portland area wheelin places

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fathead_03

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Portland area wheelin places Reply with quote

I live very close to Portland, and my gf and i are looking for some places that are legal(wont get shot or ticketed), and are easily accessible(within an hour or so). We both are stock now, but 3-6" of lift coming very soon. We just want to do some mild offroading, a little crawling. So if you know of places, send me some websites or addresses or info on them. thanks. also, if your around portland, give me a hollar, looking for people to wheel with. thanks.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well most head out to Tillamook State Forest. They are beginning to open up some more trails and many are perfect for stockers. Many are not though, too. Not sure how long you've been wheelin' but there is stuff there for everyone. That is where we wheel the most simply because it's about the closest that has some selection. There are a couple other places around Mt. Hood but I've not wheeled them yet. I know of a few other places further out we've wheeled, but nothing within an hour or so.

Another couple of forums to check out is Links4Jeeps, and Timbercrawlers where a few locals hang. You'll find us all over the place actually. I'm located in Sherwood...just a few miles from you. Drive a green Jeep TJ.

Wink
Fathead_03

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i want to go wheeling sometime here soon at browns camp. i was curious if anyone would be interested in going with a stock jeep and perhaps a stock explorer. let me know. Thanks!
IBTJn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love to go, but I'm still recoverying from major surgery. Don't forget to get your OHV sticker if you haven't already.

Good luck
Wink
Fathead_03

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you need one of those eh? an OHV sticker? where/how might i get one of those? i used to just wheel around my town, where we didnt need stuff like that on the WA/canada border. if you could shoot me some info on those, that would be awesome. thanks guys.
Fathead_03

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i got the OHV permit. thanks. ill be up soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: