Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please pray for Billy's89XJ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Please pray for Billy's89XJ Reply with quote

I would like everyone who knows Billy aka Billy's89XJ. my hubby, to pray for him. I know he has made a lot of Jeeper friends and he has told many of them that he lives on Jeep Horizons and Links4Jeeps. I hope they read this and keep him in his prayers.

As many of you know he has Degenerate Disc Disease. He has already had surgery to fix some in his neck. That turned out great but, sadly he had more showing up in recent MRIs. This year we decided to have only me as a member FM2CD so he can get better and we can stay in touch with everyone we have met a long the way. It's been a great road we have traveled together as a family.

The road I am driving with him seems to be going a little faster lately and it is truely scaring me to death. He is having trouble walking this week. He has also stop breathing briefly in his sleep several times this week. His muscle spasms are insane! He keeps spilling stuff, because of them. It's starting to scare the kids. Because most of the spasms where at night while he slept but now they are effecting him during the day too. He has a doctor's appt on the 2nd, I am going to go with him. It tares me up seeing him like this, as it it steadly gets worse this week.

Well, I needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading this & please keep him in your prayers.

Hugs to all, Kristy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristy, I know I'm on the other side of the county from you guys but please let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Troy
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy will definatley be in my thoughts. Please keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guy!!! I think that right now he needs you to keep him in your thoughts and prayers the most. He for the first time experienced the twitching while he was awake. His best description is being electricuted and several volts of electricity going through his arms and legs. He laid in bed and watch his arms and legs twitch and move violently for 15-30 seconds. He was then stiff and sore. He now knows what I go through at nite and was scared to go to sleep.

This is truely tearing me apart at the seams.

Hugs,

Kristy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ylojelo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope & pray for the best for him. Tell him we all want him to git better Wink
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: We went to the pain management clinic today. The doctor believes that the discs in his chest/thorasic region have gotten worse. And that he is also suffering from some nerve damage. The doctor changed his muscle relaxer meds, upped his neurontin, upped his patches, and decided he needed a new MRI done. I opened up my big mouth and stated that I was going on the 8th for a MRI at UVA and that if they wanted him sediated this time I wouldn't be available for transportation. The doctor said that is a WONDERFUL IDEA!!!! I can probably get him in around the same time on that day, kill two birds with one stone and have all the films over at UVA for his neurosurgeon. He will also have to have a electric nerve test (EMG, I believe) to see if he has any nerve damage, at a later date.

The doctor stated that Billy is the first person that he has seen with as many discs herniated in the chest region. Which doesn't make things sound so good. The doctor is making us feel like surgery is going to be the next step in making things better. Crying or Very sad

The doctor kept asking him if he was loosing his bowels. He has been dropping things and spilling things right and left. So things are getting worse.

Thanks everyone.

Hugs,
Kristy

Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First let me start off with I know that I am beginning to sound like a broken record.

UPDATE: November 7, 2006 Billy has been suffering flu like symptoms since we went to the pain management clinic on Thursday last week. Well, he started throwing up on Sunday evening and by this morning when I got back from running a few errands he was lethargic and I couldn't get him to focus. He called the pain clinic thinking the pain in his jaw was related to his back and the extreme pain is what was causing the vomiting and nausea. By the time I got back the pain clinic had called and said that he should see his regular doctor. Well, he gave up at that point. Because our regular doctor is off on Tuesdays. I picked up the phone at that point and called of course I got voice mail. I left a message. The office called back and said that our doctor was on vacation and that the other doctor was booked for the week. She then said just to take him to the ER because he had been throwing up for 48 hours. I told him and he said "I will just suffer for a week!!!!" That's when I knew something was wrong. I dressed him and made him go to the ER.

Long story short. He has an infected salivary gland. His white blood cell count was 3500. This is extremely high according to the doctors. He has been admitted. They have done blood cultures to be sure the infection hasn't spread to his blood. I am not sure how long he will be in the hospital. We started with over night and then have been given 3 days at the least!

If anyone would like to call him, his hospital room phone number is (540) 932-5144. I will be turning the power off on his cell phone for a while. My cell phone number is (540) 280-0729. I have a MRI tomorrow at 9:45 at UVA, so I won't be able to go visit him until about lunch time.

If you have made it this far bless you.

Hugs to all,

Kristy

Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone and Thank you for your prayers!! I'm home now if anyone would like to call & chat. I feel like I needed to say Hi and thanks to everyone on here in person. I don't know how I made it Tuesday? I'm sure the doctors wonder too. Tuesday was a BIG wake up call for me. My out look on life has completely changed. I'm soooo worn out I can't do much. Even walking is a big task. I now have to look foward, having a tooth gone from Tuesday & MRIs at UVA.

Thanks again everyone, I hope to be around these boards again soon. Right now I have to get strong and get walking again.

Billy
jppilot61

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are back home! Hope you get your strength back quickly and heal up!

Take good care of your wife, I know this has been difficult for her too!

1992 XJ Laredo
RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: