Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

amp ground/remote wire????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
98CherokeeLTD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: amp ground/remote wire???? Reply with quote

98 Cherokee Limited....
First problem...2 questions...
I installed an Alpine H/U...had no problems. for the installation of sub/amp (Infinity Basslink), i ran the RCA cables and power cable already. my 2 questions are...

#1. Where would be the best place to connect the ground to in the trunk/cargo area or even under the back seat if needbe?

#2. I need a remote wire hooked to the amp also. Where is the best place to tap power from for that? Preferrably switched power under dash somewhere.

Second problem...1 question...
I am also installing a PA/Siren/Animal Sound Horn. I figured out what i am going to do for power so that the unit wont have to permanently mounted. I can unplug the power and wires to speaker and put the unit in the back seat if i want to.
soooo the question is.....

where would be the best(easiest) place to mount the speaker?
i kinda wanted to mount it somewhere behind the front bumper so it wouldnt get too hot from the engine, still be semi protected from rocks (rocks kickin up off the road and from rocks off roadin) and protected from directly being rained on, and also wanted it toward the front so that way it would be nice and LOUD.

Any help with any of the questions posted would be greatly appreciated!!
98CherokeeLTD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone with any help? please?
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: amp ground/remote wire???? Reply with quote

98CherokeeLTD wrote:
#1. Where would be the best place to connect the ground to in the trunk/cargo area or even under the back seat if needbe?

Anywhere you can get to the body and clean off the paint so you'll have a clean ground.

Quote:
#2. I need a remote wire hooked to the amp also. Where is the best place to tap power from for that? Preferrably switched power under dash somewhere.

You would actually want to run this from your head unit. There is a remote turn on lead as part of the wiring harness coming out of the head unit. Usually, this is a blue wire. It's used to turn on amplifiers or power antennas. This will turn on the sub when the head unit turns on.

Quote:
where would be the best(easiest) place to mount the speaker?
....wanted it toward the front so that way it would be nice and LOUD.

I think you should mount it on the inside right up by where your seat belt attaches on the B-pillar. It will be nice and loud there.
98CherokeeLTD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: amp ground/remote wire???? Reply with quote

Quote:
I think you should mount it on the inside right up by where your seat belt attaches on the B-pillar. It will be nice and loud there.

haha really funny.

i got the amp hookup done...everything works
used the remote turn on wire on the back of the H/U and where the back seats mount for the ground. I got these suggestions from someone else on a different jeep baord
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: