Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rims and Tires; What will fit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowDog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Rims and Tires; What will fit? Reply with quote

Okay, I've been looking for a while and I can't seem to find the exact infornation I'm looking for. So I just got the OME Delux kit from DPG and now I'm wondering what rims and tires to get and i need help with sizing. First I'm probly going with 33" but do you guys have any suggestions on width. Also, i realize that with a wider tire I'm going to have to go with new rims with smaller backspacing. What size is the best size 4" or 3.75". Next how deep of a rim should i get, 8" or 10"? !0.5" wide tires would probably be better on a 8" rim but how about 12.5" tires? Thanks.
FNG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33" x12.5 on 10wide,you dont want to put a33" tire on an 8" rim. Not sure that you can get a 33"x10, if you can I wouldnt recommend it. Will need flares to be legal
SnowDog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, BFG makes a 33x10.5x15 in both the AT and the MT, I'm pretty sure. So you think that would be the best choice? 33x10.5x15 with 15x8" rims?
mygreenjeep

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The height of the tire is not as much of a concern as the width of the tire with it comes to wheel widths. You can run a 12.50 wide tire on a 8" wide wheel. I've been doing it for years. Right now I'm running 35x12.50's on 15x8 wheels. If you run a 10" wheel with a tire that is 12.50, it will look like a balloon. If you go over 12.50 on the width of the tire, you will need need to go up to a 10" wide wheel as 12.50 tire is the widest you can go on a 8" wide wheel. Make sense?
SnowDog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Thanks.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mygreenjeep wrote:
The height of the tire is not as much of a concern as the width of the tire with it comes to wheel widths. You can run a 12.50 wide tire on a 8" wide wheel. I've been doing it for years. Right now I'm running 35x12.50's on 15x8 wheels. If you run a 10" wheel with a tire that is 12.50, it will look like a balloon. If you go over 12.50 on the width of the tire, you will need need to go up to a 10" wide wheel as 12.50 tire is the widest you can go on a 8" wide wheel. Make sense?

Yep...8" is all that's required for 12.5's. Works great and I personally think it looks better than a 10" rim.
I also run 35x12.5's on 15x8's w/ 3.75 backspacing and wouldn't have it any other way.

Just my $.02.
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: