Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

31x10.5 on stock?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pipedrummer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: 31x10.5 on stock? Reply with quote

I have an '04 tj sport and realy need new tires....i've been thinking about the goodyear mt/r or maybe the trxus mud terrain... my question is, will 31x10.5 r15 fit on my jeep at stock height and fit on my stock rims....would I need to change gear ratios? (i have the inline 6) I'd love to get a 4" lift and 33x12.5's but i just don't have the money for everything that that entails....thanks for the help
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=373
Pipedrummer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, does anyone have experiences, bad or good, about those two tires?
IBTJn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your wheelin'/driving needs & wants will determine how happy you will be with either. I know people who love/hate both...so take your pic. Both are a resonably decent tire for certain conditions. Personally I think you'll be moderately happy with 31's (like I was) especially if you get hooked up with Jeep guys who you end up wheelin' with regularly. So if I was you and your budget is slim, I'd probably look more towards a more economical tire for now. You can easily use a 2" Budget Boost and 1" body lift to achieve enough lift for 33" tire...which all said and done is only a few hundred bucks new (roughly).

Not enough info' on your gearing, but give us a list of your current gearing/axles & tranny combo' (crawl under and look at the tag) and we'll be able to help some. Not all Sport pkgs came with the D44 rear axle 3:73's (I think?)...so it'd be helpful to know this. It'd also be helpful to know what your limits will be with that axle and tranny combo. Oh...and for what it's worth, I swore 31's would be it...nothing bigger. A year later I was on 35's. Confused

Good luck.
Wink
Pipedrummer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have the D44 with 3.73, i didn't check the front, but i'm assuming its the regular D30....if i did use the BB and body lift for the 33's, would I absolutly need to regear right away? How does the budget/body lift combo compare to a complete lift kit in terms of handling? I use the jeep mostly on road, but will have some fun in the mud or climbing through the woods on my property. Thanks for the info and Happy Thanksgiving
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: