Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recall on CRD torque converter.............

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buells1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Recall on CRD torque converter............. Reply with quote

I just got a recall on my '06 Liberty CRD. They want to replace the torque converter AND reprogram the ECM for less torque. I am not happy about giving up the torque and may wait to see how see what others did, etc. I wonder if some of the problems came from those 'hop-up' modules I keep reading about.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out if you have to take it into the dealership for anything. There are quite a few upset owners who took their Rams in for work and had the computer flashed which now causes the horn to honk if the door is opened while in reverse.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
Watch out if you have to take it into the dealership for anything. There are quite a few upset owners who took their Rams in for work and had the computer flashed which now causes the horn to honk if the door is opened while in reverse.

No kidding? shock

OT...BUT, Great...I haven't taken either of my Rams in for the most recent recall. Confused It sounds like someone decided a back up/door alarm was necessary because some idiot backed into something/someone. Rolling Eyes

Now carry on... nothing to see here. Wink
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBTJn wrote:
It sounds like someone decided a back up/door alarm was necessary because some idiot backed into something/someone. Rolling Eyes

Yup, the out-of-park alarm. http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=97010
Tardis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Recall on CRD torque converter............. Reply with quote

buells1 wrote:
They want to replace the torque converter AND reprogram the ECM for less torque.

I heard about that too. Daimler/Chrysler figures a torque converter and a quick ECU flash is cheaper than replacing a whole transmission. They can't seem to build a good trans anymore.
Same thing goes for their modular engines. Anyone that owns a 2.7L powered Intrepid is pissed off right now too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: