Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whining when rolling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drew42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Whining when rolling Reply with quote

Just joined the group . Just purchased a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited three weeks ago . Then maybe three days ago I started hearing a whining noise . It almost sounds like the wear indicator . I am really a novice when it comes to stuff like this . I read in this forum something that might be close , about the bearings . Please help me if you can . And also please take it easy on me Swamp Boy , Iam new to this
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without you narrowing down where the noise is coming from, there is no way we could ever help you. If you think it's the wear indicators on the brakes, then check them.

Pull the wheels off and check how much pad is left on your brakes and that they are wearing even. If they are riveted pads, I'd say any less than 1/4" of pad material and you should change them. If the pads are bonded, you could get down to about 1/8". If the pads are not wearing even, change them.
drew42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Whining when rolling Reply with quote

Sorry for not getting back in touch with you guys sooner. The problem was the wear indicator for the brakes . But it was only one side . Is that normal? Thanks for any input.
330T

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Whining when rolling Reply with quote

drew42 wrote:
Sorry for not getting back in touch with you guys sooner. The problem was the wear indicator for the brakes . But it was only one side . Is that normal? Thanks for any input.

quite normal, but change both break pads, the other should be about ready to go too
drew42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 330T . Also could you suggest the best pads to use . I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 . But do not have a lot of money , still paying car note.[/b]
pcdtmurray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using Wagner pads & rotors on my 2000 Laredo. Wagner delivers significantly better performance than the OEM parts. I suggest rockauto.com as your first stop for parts. Great prices & fast shipping. Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: