Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

speaker help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherokeechick16

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: speaker help Reply with quote

i have a 93 grand cherokee, and the speakers are really crappy. i was wondering if any1 knew how hard it was to replace them, if i could do it myself, and how expensive it would be.
Thanks
*Autumn*
Tardis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how mechanically inclinded you are. If you've changed speakers before it's not hard at all. If your not to mechanical take your Jeep to just about any electronics store and have the speakers you buy 'there' installed free. Best Buy, Circuit City, HH Gregg all offer installation service for free when you purchase car audio items from them.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR if you are gonna know your jeep and start to fix a lot of stuff yourself buy a haines or a chiltons manual on your jeep.i have a 93 zj its like 10 dollas and well worth it. the whole process is actually very easy.. i ran all new wire for new speakers to an amp in the back in under an hour.. .. four screws per door and like the same pre speaker... it is seriously the easiest thing you will ever replace on your jeep... ever

NOT TO BE RUDE AT ALL!!!! im jus tryin to motivate you!!
unforgiven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey autumn, best bet..... get to know your jeep!!
take the door panel off the inside of the door. to do this look for ALL screws, ex. armrest.
then it's clips around it, holding it to the door frame, be careful with these, as they do break easily, you could buy a tool for it, they are cheap, but not really required. if a couple of the plastic clips break, not a huge problem, couple bux gets you a few in a package.
couple screws holding in the speakers, couple wires and alas you have changed your own speakers!!!
feels good to get comfortable with the small projects, then as the projects get bigger, you will be more apt to doing them yourself rather than hiring someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: