Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shock & spring Options?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martini_thief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Shock & spring Options? Reply with quote

I have 95 ZJ V8 w/ 150lbs on the roof, 50lbs of speakers in the back, and by summer, front and rear ARB bumps with a winch on the front. It has a 3'' lift now with some ProComp lower arms

I am looking to replace my ProComp es3000 shocks and springs with something comfortable.

I need something that will handle well at speeds up to 100mph and perform nice on washboard. I don't want floaty, but I want it as soft as it can be. Comfort is a higher priority then durability, but I do drive though every mud hole, and climb every hill I see, its an illness.

I don't want to lose ride hight, but am more then happy to gain it Razz so long as I don't need to replace, drop, or lengthen anything.

I also have some JKS bar pin eliminators that must be installed, as I cant take the thumps on the bumps any longer! So no OME for me.

All I know about shocks is that they need to be the right length, and valved for your vehicle and it's weight.

I get most things at 5 - 25% under jobber so price is not much of a concern for the right setup.

If anyone has some good advice I would like to hear it Very Happy

Thanks a million for yer time!
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap.. This one I cant help with.. I run cheap ass Gabriels from autozone and have no problem.. Measure your vehicle at ride height and jack it up and measure again.. Then you will get the shocks that are at least the right length..

I bought Rancho 9000's once and ripped 3 of them in half on the first trip in the woods.. I decided then that I would just run cheap shocks and toss them away after a few runs .. No big deal.. Mr. Green

But I work on my jeep by candlelight in a barn... rofl rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
martini_thief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol no candle nor barn here or I would be all over that one Razz
S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same year Jeep as yours and I'm running the Edelbrock IAS shocks. I have a 3.5" RE lift with the Edelbrocks (the single tube style).
I don't think Edelbrock comes out with the "single tube" for 3.5" lift anymore. Anything 3.5" and beyond you have to go with piggyback reservoir set up. It looks cool but very pricey.
My single tube does a great job (not nessasary 100 mph) at 90 mph. Ride really smooth at high speed. Offroad it minimize body row and take pot holes, big rocks, hard bumps quite well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: