Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie w/ a few ?'s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i4ni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: newbie w/ a few ?'s Reply with quote

i have an 87 comanche 4.0 4x4. i would like to lift it a about 3". is there any good kits for the comanche,i can find a ton for the cherokee.i was also wondering about wheels/tires ( i need them first), what is the largest tire i can put on at factory height. is there any good wheel tire packages you guys could recommened?

thx.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be wrong about this, but I seem to remember that Comanche's are leaf sprung under the axle. If that's the case, doing a spring over conversion would get you about 2 - 3" in the rear. If they are already sprung over, XJ lifts should (key word) bolt right on...you might want to call some manufacturers and confirm that. The front ends should be almost identical to XJ's.

You should be able to get 30's under it....maybe even squeeze 31's depending on how sagged the original suspension is. Shoot for somewhere around 4.5" of backspace on the rims.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
i4ni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would 31x10.5 fit on my stock wheels?
TexAgs08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 32's on stock steel jeep wheels that measure 15x6.5, you should be ok, but there WILL be rubbing on the LCA's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: