Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please pass this on to jeep

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firejeep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Please pass this on to jeep Reply with quote

I am ready to cut out the seatbelt on my 99 jeep wrangler. The seatbelt strap is almost always hanging up on the door pin, not allowing it to shut and the seatbelt is beginning to look a little worse than it should. What a piss poor design, I hope it was fixed for the 07 model which I have not yet seen. What would it hurt to design the seatbelt into the seat itself, is that not how some racing seats are designed?? Only small difference is we can adjust are seats.
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's that saying about doing the same thing every time and expecting a different result???

Next time, undo your seatbelt before opening your door. This way, when the seatbelt flys off of you, it doesn't get caught on the latch.
el_dubya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same prob with my 98. I'm finding it much more often since its gotten cold. I have noticed that my heavy coat keeps it from retracting up like it should, then it drags it out over the pin. It will drive a guy crazy, specially when his hands are full and the wind is blowin and he cant shut the door.

'98 TJ SE
15x7 ProComp Series 51 Rock Crawler Wheels
31x10.50 General Grabber AT2's
Taurus Fan
Uniden PC68 Elite CB
Firejeep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Thank You el dubya Reply with quote

Thank You el dubya,

At least you understand the problem. it sounds like ehirner doesn't. tool
I have friends that have experienced the same problem on their jeep. Maybe ehirner needs to drive a real jeep, because his two cents shows he has never had flaws in anything he's driven.
The only way to fix a flaw is to say something, keeping silent allows the flaw to continue, democracy is grand.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not going to make any friends around here insulting people. Moving this to general BS. Rolling Eyes
Firejeep

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: To Management Reply with quote

To: Code3TJ

I guess telling you and one of your moderators that his remarks could also be considered as an insult would be a waste of my time. That is my take on the quote below, which I did not appreciate.

"What's that saying about doing the same thing every time and expecting a different result???"

If telling Ehirner that he needs to drive a real jeep, is considered an insult bymovint the thread, it must be a death sentence for saying what is really protected by free speech.

I could explain that the issue is common, and would be great if there was a way to input suggestions to Jeep for correcting such issues, do to the frustration of such issues.
I did not ask for anyones two cents
There has always been some very helpful information on this forum, and it has been in a user friendly format, if I was looking for corrective actions I would have asked for help.
But then again Jeep and I am guessing the Webmaster and moderators of this forum, do not take input well.
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: To Management Reply with quote

Firejeep wrote:
I guess telling you and one of your moderators that his remarks could also be considered as an insult would be a waste of my time. That is my take on the quote below, which I did not appreciate.

"What's that saying about doing the same thing every time and expecting a different result???"

If you considered that an insult, you need to grow some thicker skin. Sorry, I speak the truth.

Quote:
If telling Ehirner that he needs to drive a real jeep, is considered an insult bymovint the thread, it must be a death sentence for saying what is really protected by free speech.
I was never insulted. BS about a "real Jeep" is always fun...what's a real Jeep? Another question for you? How do you think I figured out my suggestion up above? Let me answer for you....by getting my seatbelt caught in the door latch. It comes from experience and from repeatedly getting mine caught. Then I figured out the problem.

Quote:
I could explain that the issue is common, and would be great if there was a way to input suggestions to Jeep for correcting such issues, do to the frustration of such issues.

Psst....Jeep discontinued the TJ. I don't think they care much about fixing issues with it any longer. They've moved on to the JK.

The response above from Troy was a suggestion. If you feel offended by the little things and fire back right away, bringing attitude to the people that try to help...we just aren't going to help you any more when you do ask for our 2 cents.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved the thread from general tech because figuring out that you need to push your seatbelt out of the way before closing the door took all of about 3 times before I figured it out. It's not rocket science.

I freely accept input - if you'd been here since the beginning, you'd understand that this site grew based on input from everybody involved. But please don't think that you're just going to show up and start whining about your First Amendment rights because you got your feelings hurt. If you're going to make a statement like that, I'd strongly encourage you to take a minute to actually read the Bill of Rights so you understand the concepts and what protections it affords you. Taking up the ACLU party line about your free speech doesn't impress me in the least.

Accept my two cents or not; I won't lose any sleep either way.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was here from the beginning?

My Morning Jacket
Drake69

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: To Management Reply with quote

Firejeep wrote:

Dude, I'm sure Ehirner's heard worse jibes from the rest of us to not let a statement from you get to him. Part of the fun of being here is none of us take anything anyone else says too seriously, and those that do don't stay here very long.

Firejeep wrote:

Uhh, you ARE aware that this site is not owned/operated by Daimler Chrysler in any way, shape, or form?

Here, we are a collection of off-road enthusiasts, NOT DC employees, so our comments and suggestions don't fall under any corporate policy. If you want to vent OUT LOUD about a design flaw in your Jeep, do it here, but expect differing opinions. If you want to vent to DC/JEEP about it, HERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO START.

Firejeep wrote:
I did not ask for anyones two cents

Everyone will remember that from now on.

Firejeep wrote:
There has always been some very helpful information on this forum, and it has been in a user friendly format, if I was looking for corrective actions I would have asked for help.
But then again Jeep and I am guessing the Webmaster and moderators of this forum, do not take input well.

??? ??? ???

Don't know if you were angry when you wrote that last part or what, can't seem to sort out whether it's a compliment or a jibe. If you are complaining to DC/JEEP about us, please enjoy yourself. Just make sure you and DC/JEEP read the aforementioned statement, OUT LOUD and SEVERAL TIMES to be clear...

Drake69 wrote:
Here, we are a collection of off-road enthusiasts, NOT DC employees, so our comments and suggestions don't fall under any corporate policy.

Until our next session, Happy Motoring!!!!

crazy jeep

1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well written
Drake69

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Fox-Man.... Mr. Green

DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should just completely remove the seatbelts, its not like you REALLY need them anyway...
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spit good mod troll

TJgirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had 3 Jeeps and it happens in every single one of them! just make sure to pull it off of there when you get out , and then shut the door! simple. It's kinda getting like Pirate over here, sheesh
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: