Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHATS THE NORMAL OIL PRESURE ON A 5.2 V8 and temp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ BABY FINGAZZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: WHATS THE NORMAL OIL PRESURE ON A 5.2 V8 and temp Reply with quote

what should the oil presure read on a 94 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 with a 5.2 v8. and whats the normal reading for the temp. tahnks...
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id say dead in the middle both guages... what is it 210 or 220 for the temp and 60 for the oil? just check you guages by the mph... dead in the middle is optimum.. temp of course can be lower.. engine runs best when its warm tho.. so id say middle... my oil guage bounces around like crazy tho!! i never really gave a poop about it.. maybe i ot to research it a lil bit tho... maybe a new oil pump will straighten that out
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you change your oil pump change the oil pressure sending unit. (behind the distributor on the passenger side..)

Now to answer your question... 5.2 tends to run about 200-210 That seems hot but your system operates on closed loop til 180 or so.. So putting a 190* thermostat will let you run a little cooler and still be in closed loop...(180 * can give you fuel mileage issues..)

Oil pressure will probably be about 40 or so at idle and get up to 60ish with the engine reved.. When it gets about 70 check your oil.. When the level is low the pressure goes up..

Hope that helps..

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cherokeeonly425

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this oil pressure the same for a straight 6
DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as a 190 thermostat.. does it matter what kind/ brand you use? i dont think so but my friend was blah blah blahing about a performance thermostat and how his engine runs cooler.. yada yada.. cooler i assume is betta.. as long as its above 180 .. so does it matter wat kind or any that fits and is rated 190?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: