Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lift Suggestions for JGC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarhead5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Lift Suggestions for JGC Reply with quote

I want to lift my 01 JGC Laredo. I'd like to run 32's on 16" wheels. Will be using it as a daily driver and mild off-roading. Any suggestions? Also, what gear ratio in the axles would most likely keep my speedometer accurate and my rig running in the right RPM range?
viper24242

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To fit 32's your probably going to need at least a 3.5 inch lift.

Here is a 4.5 inch lift by rustys off road. It clears 33's with what looks like little trimming if any.

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=WJ405K&Category_Code=wj_kits

If the price scares you or you want a smaller lift this might be more your ticket.

http://www.rocky-road.com/wjtrailblazer.html

With some minor trimming you could probably stuff some 32s under it.

As for the gearing, I don't know what engine or stock gearing is but with this handy dandy chart ( http://jeephorizons.com/tech/rpmchart.html ) you should have gears anywhere between 3.54 to 4.88. The optimum gearing is between 4.10 to 4.27.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
jarhead5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the rocky-road website a few days ago and thought that might be what i'm looking for. I've got a buddy that runs an Old Man Emu kit on his CJ that he really likes. However, I was hoping to find someone who has used this kit before on a JGC to see what they thought of the quality of the suspension. Thanks for the feedback.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Rubicon Express.... Kevins Jeep Parts sells stuff to..

For 3.5 all you need to do is Front to rear conversion.. Move front springs to the back and buy some 3.5 springs from Kevin...

(And shocks , adjustable trackbar for front and trackbar spacer for rear..

Cheaper than a whole lift and works great..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im running a tuff country 3.5 kit, i like it flexes pretty good too, just the front disconnected

and im runnin 265/75r16
cherokeeonly425

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aint nuttin but a jeep thang Mr. Green
jarhead5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody, thanks for the suggestions. I'll be lookin' into what you guys suggested. Swamp Boy, will the front to rear conversion drastically affect the on-road ride? I don't mind a rough ride or anything, gotta 88 straight axle Chevy with 44"s back at home that rides on the road for sh*t, but I'm using my GC for a daily driver too. I like cheap, but I do want something that'll handle decently on the freeway too. Let me know.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man it is ALL GOOD DOGGY!!!! Mr. Green dancing banana i have THAT exact lift swamp boy is talkn bout!! i got the rubicon 3.5 springs for the front.. kevins adj track bar and track bar conversion a 1inch spacer for rear with my old front srpings all new rubicon shocks and jks quick disconnects.. the kit installs really easy and it rides pretty good onroad.. id say better than stock for sure!! you will have new shocks so the springs in the rear arent bad at all.. mechanics and 4x4 shops will say all kinds of poo cuz they want to stick it to you and make you buy a bunch of non sense... i very very easyily clear 31x 10.5's with 0 cutting.. im gonna hack the hell outa my fenders and squeeze on some 33s till i get the 6.5 lift.. id say go rubicon express.. who else makes lifts JUST for jeeps? terraflex maybe... check it out.. dont buy right away!! i talked to a lot of online 4x4 companys that were tryn to hussle... you DONT need a tcase lowering kit.. this will hurt you in your bottom out point.. also no driveline mods are nessicary.. good luck to you! i stand by mine and recomend it to any grand cherokee owner willing to listen headbang
jarhead5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, what the hell. i'll give the front to rear swap a try. i figure if i like it, great, i've saved some cash and i got the lift i'm lookin' for. if not, i'll just buy some rear springs. anybody else ever tried the front to rear conversion?
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy thats all im sayin bro.. save some bucks and try it out.. if for some reason you dont like it.. buy some rear springs.. i cant see why tho.. the front to rear spings really there is no difference.. it rides better with new shocks.. and off road it gets down way betta.. im thinkn i can thro my new rubicon express front srpings in the rear with a 1 or 2 inch spacer and get about 6-7 inches and then just new 6-7 inch springs in the front... i dont see why not.. of course for that high you do need drivline mods.

the only problem ive ran into.. with the lift is my rear antisway bar.. i think it rubs... somethin does... but it is no major concern i just hear it over speed bumps and such... with the system cranked tho... its as smooth as glass!
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much lift dose front 2 rear swap give u? right now i got a 3.5 inch rubicon express.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i put my stock front springs in the rear and got.. close to 4 id say with a spacer..... id measure if any one knows where to measure or what stock is.. from center of hub to end of fender?

any way it sits a lil higher then the front and i got a 3.5 inch lift from rubicon express...

im thinkn if you already have 3.5 like i do then if we throw the front springs in the back and get new ones in the front we can have a 6inch lift and can always add spacers 1-2 inches to make sure.... i really dont see why not.. the stock ones ride fine back there.....
definately need adjustable control arms and probably new drive shaft... or maybe a SYE.. i think if you add that to your t case you dont need a drive shaft.. up to maybe 5 inches.. i wouldnt know for sure so dont quote me
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have the v8 i think you will get closer to 4 inches, the I6 3 or so
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: