Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken vaccume hose LOOK!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Broken vaccume hose LOOK! Reply with quote

wat is up? i was installing my new mopar pcm Very Happy and after completion when i was tightening i believe the last nut on the radiator overfill i some how slipped and then herd a hiss noise.. ssssss like deflating a tire. not nearly as severe of course it all escaped after just a few secounds... i saw that i broke this plastic tubing... shock

so then while trying to get a better picture to post i broke ANOTHER hose off the T connector pissed !!!

luckily i was able to pull one end of the T off the rubber boot one and i dicarded the piece sticking out and put the now shorter tube back in.. so this fixed the first brake.. now the secound one i have to get some leftover tube out of the T and then seal it... im gonna use like crazy glue or somethin unless some one has a better reccomendation... also im wondering if there is anything i need to do since the pressure escaped??? this sucks sooooo much ass!! i was so close to geting on here and bragging at how easy the install is and how great the new mopar pcm works. BUT NO... not this post.. i hope to find out the new power at least tonight.. if not tomarrow.. ive waited over 3 weeks for the damn thing to get here so go figure huh? jus my luck
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

autoparts stores sell the t's and they also sell 1/8" vacuum line that fits over the hard line to repair it...

Most will know what you need if you tell them you have a Dodge with a broken hard vacuum line ...

Go fix it..

By the way.. You probably lost either your cruise control or you blend door by breaking that line.. Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nori

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe.. I recently detected leak from that pipe too and had the auto part guys snap on a repair tube right over it after I broke it in half trying to handle it myself. No wonder my cruise control was acting wierd.. thanks for the info swamp boy.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on i will do a proper fix tomarrow.. i just used a knife to scrape as much of the left over pipe out of the T and then shaved the tip of the pipe and RTV blacked that sob.. here in a few mins im gonna thro on another layer to be sure.. ill replace the T after my golf lesson 2marrow... its only my secound one but i get a dvd so cant beat it for 20 bucks... n e way i will do a better job and get the new parts...
is there anything i need to do to get my cruise control to run cherry?
what is the blend door?
can i drive with the line puntured? does it effect anything? i cant wait to test that pcm.. no cruise control needed is my thought.... i just dont want to damage anything cuz i saw the line that broke goes into my intake manifold...i if its all good ill take her for a spin right now !!!
nori

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they also sell 1/8" vacuum line that fits over the hard line

There ya go...I got it for free when I walked into a local auto parts store. Try very hard to look helpless when going in. Mr. Green

DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA rofl i will have to try that!! if all els fails i could just tell them my jeep wont start with out it... ha ha
nori

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the sound of my jeep when the vaccum line was broken...

http://www.saitomedia.com/jeep/audio/jeep-engine-start.wav

hear the high pitch sound throughout and at end? I can't believe I was driving with the tube broken for a long time... rofl

BTW.. How is the new Mopar PCM doing? After your post, I've done a little search online and basically, it is a computer chip upgrade for your engine? Where can I get PCM and how much does it cost? It says it requires at least 92 octane of gasoline to "prevent pinging" ... ? This is a stupid question but .. I don't see gas stations selling 92 octane gas..
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got mine from a local performance store.. i believe they ordered it straight from mopar... it cost me 330 total... BUT luckily when it came they offer a 100 dollar core refund... send em your old one they send you 100 rebate so that is a plus... the gains are stated 20-30.. i havent been getting up on it to much but i notice the gains just cruising.. i broke that line nd i also need to change my oil... so tommarow after i do an oil change i will do an actual test.. maybe a 1/4 mile with stock and a 1/4 mile with the mopar pcm... jus to see how much of a gain i did get.. do you have a v8 or inline six? it was a breeze to install besides braking the vaccume line Evil or Very Mad
nori

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8 5.2L

I can't get PCM just yet 'cause I just spent ton of money on meangreen alternator (check out their 220amp version!!)but when I do get to it, I'll try very hard not to break any lines.

Good luck on fixing the tubes and post a new thread on your PCM performance and let us know how it goes Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: