Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW DO I GET MY JEEP TO ROAR ALIVE?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: HOW DO I GET MY JEEP TO ROAR ALIVE? Reply with quote

what is up jeepas? im wondering.. i have a 5.2 and i want to just barely turn my key and have the bad boy fire up like a freagn beast outa hell!!! what do i need to change? my solinoid? starter? i have msd ignition box wires splitfire plugs msd coil optima bettery and a bigger dodge altenator, yet in the mournings it takes a couple secs... i want it like a drag car.. if anyone has suggestions id love hear them!! im sure swamp boys jumps alive when you look at it wrong!!! Neutral crazy jeep shock
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn i guess i make good titles!!! ha ha 43 views and zero replys... i wonder if yall are just interested in getting the same results or my title just "made ya look".. ha ha well id still love to know.. new starter solinoid maybe i will do any way
cajzmere

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself a high output fuel pump, all new o-rings and seals in your fuel system, get hi flow injectors, get higher flow fuel regulator, shave off about .002 off your heads, and get valve job, hone your cylinders and replace all the piston rings, replace intake manifold gasket, get high performance muffler system, get hiflow intake aircleaner( I like Kand N) and use at least 93 octane gas. If that doesn't work, I have no idea what will. A new starter or solenoid isn't going to do anything for ignition system, or compression. Ignition and compression are the 2 things that you have to attack to make an engine FIRE quicker. A new solenoid is only needed if yours is bad, and a new starter won't turn any faster, just has more torque. HI output starters are for hi performance engines that need more starting torque 'cause the engine has so much compression that turning it over is difficult. Damn that was a lot to write!
How old and many miles has yours got on her? Smile
viper24242

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So from the sounds of it you need a new performance built engine. Or a performance rebuild of your current engine.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.. i was gonna do most of that, when ever i get around to puttin in a new cam and roller rockers and pushrods... i didnt figure it would be so internal to get get her to one touch start.. like at the drag strip they ever so slightly touch the key and VARROOOOM... so i was thinkn it was spark or somethin... guess i was wrong..

i have a 93 Grand Cherokee that is just passing 100k. the first and only other owner babied her so nicely that when i got her at 93k she was just broken in!!! Now after the first start of the day it will fire up withn a millisecound... just sometimes it takes 1 secound to turn over.. only the 1st start of the day... i plan on doin the swampy bypass for my next project... do you think this will help get it to turn over better? i have knn and straight pipe to a cherybomb turbo muffler- not the red glass pck..
i thought my MSD ignition would make that SOB fire up like im wantn.. but i guess thats more for after she is goin... thanks a bunch on your replies.. im glad i didnt change anything that didnt need it.. although the solenoid looks pretty easy to change and cheap and mine loks like it might be coroded on the wires.. so maybe i will any way..
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so a performance starter would give me 0 gain? i was thinkn the 5.9 L starter might be betta unless they are the same... my mopar performace pcm will be here any day as of last wednesday not this past one!.. after the install i will be pushin 300+ hrs pwr. i really want to be at swamp boys level already pushn 367 i believe and close to 420 ft lb torque.... so performance engine is wat id like to think of her... hone my clyinders? just resurfaces them right? is it cool to bore over and get bigger pistons? i was told the 318 is the same block as the 360 so maybe to the size of 360 and convert it to 5.9 since id have to do all that work internally anyway? or is betta to just to freshn up the 318?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably just the fuel pressure reg leaking down..

O rings could possibly solve this.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nori

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exhaust is probably another option to consider.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should i wait to do the o rings till i do the internal work on my engine?? or is it cool to get it out of the way right of way? lol for all i know the orings arent even in the engine! ha ha..
the fuel reg... should i just do the swampy bypass? or is that seperate Embarassed sorry so dum... i was planning on taking up the bypass for my next project any way... gaskets fluids and tcase are all fightn for top of the list tho... ha ha

hey swamp boy did i get close on your power specs? bowdown
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu can change the fuel pressure regulator without changing the fuel pump.

You can wait on the Orings till you do your interntal work because you will have to pull all of your injectors anyway and thats the perfect time to change the O rings (Or the injectors)

TO get the power I have you are going to have to tear the entire engine apart and go back together with much better parts..

ALuminum roller rockers .. Good cam. Pistons, Some manly connecting arms , Mopar performance computer , Bigger injectors .. Ported an polished heads , ported intake , bored throttle body... Ummmm... I forget what else..

ITs not hard .. Just take your time and do a little at a time.. If this is your daily driver I wouldnt suggest you do any interior engine work until you can leave the rig down for about a month. (It only took me 2 weeks but I had some help from my buddys at the speed shop) And also ..Dont bother putting all that power in the engine until you have a good rear axle.. That will hold up to a little power.. The Dana 35 is not that axle.. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

point taken!!! i get it.. before i beef up the engine i need to reinforce where the power is going.. makes perfect sense.. i jus wanted it to fire up really really quick and good.. i thought it would be electrical.. but i see compression is where its at.. i suppose i will wait on the internal work... should i go ahead and do the swampy bypass or should i focus on an 8.8 above all other projects?

Last edited by DankNesS on Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swampy bypass wont give you more power just better fuel supply and eliminate the fuel pump dieing and leaving you stranded problem..

You can do that anytime you want..

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: