Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fshgrind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: GPS Reply with quote

Can anyone point me to the right direction where I can find out information on adding the GPS navagational system that comes as an option with the sahara to an X? I went to a dealership today and they told me that the only way i can have that exact GPS system is to upgrade to a sahara. Is this true? Or is there a way that I can get it on the X? Now I want that exact same system in the X. Would anyone have some information on that? thanks.

josh
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one with the touchscreen? I just went onto the jeep website and it looks like it's not an option on the various X packages. So the dealership wasn't lying to you.
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably buy the receiver and install it into the dash. There's likely a harness that you'll need to add, too, in order for the unit to read your speed and other computer signals. The unit is not cheap either...probably like $1500-$2000 if I had to guess. You'd be better off buying a $400 aftermarket dash mount unit.
Drake69

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Garmin they're using with the dash mount unit is the Quest II, right? It ain't touchscreen, but a nice unit in that all the street maps for the USA and Canada are preloaded into it, WITH additional space left for off-road maps and tracks.

techRobo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Garmin - nüvi 255WT GPS Reply with quote

Garmin - nüvi 255WT GPS Preloaded base map coverage of United States and Canada; 4.3" touch-screen display; up to 1,000 waypoints; Secure Digital media slot; free lifetime traffic updates
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> JK Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: