Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STUPID NOISE PLEASE HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: STUPID NOISE PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

hmm... ive traced an annoying noise to my valve cover breather on the passenger side... it makes like a tapping noise kinda.. and if i manipulate the line coming out of the valve cover that goes to the intake manifold the noise changes.. i took it off with the engine off and couldnt see anything out of the ordinary... i really am stumped on this one, any ideas would be supremely awesome!
RussellRowell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that is your PCV Valve which is supposed to rattle if taken out and is part of your emission control vaccum system. The rattle lets you know it's still good. And the line noise you hear says you need a new vaccum line there. Don't go the cheap route here. Get the right kind of tubing.
NP249 / 5.2 / MB Motoring Rims/ 1500 watts
DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked um... i took it out with the engine off so it made no noise when out... it makes noise when its plugged in like it should be and my engine is running... very annoying to... luckily you cant so much here it in the cab wit my custom exhuast.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you take it out, it should rattle if you shake it. The more it rattles the better it is. Spray it out with carb cleaner real good to clean it, or you can get a new one for like $3. I would clean or replace it and if it's still real loud when running, inspect the line going from the PCV to the intake. Like Russell said there may be a small leak in the hose.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok sweet.. ill clean it up and see how it sounds.. can i test for a leak by spraying the hose with throttle body cleaner when engine is on an listen for idle change like i would for the tb or intake?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: