Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WK question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Mc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: WK question Reply with quote

Just about to inherit a Grand Cherokee (06 model with less than 1,000 miles on the clock) as my company car. It's in the UK is a limited CRD, and fitted with the Mercedes 3.2 CDI V6
Anyone have any info on how this car runs reliability wise?
Any other issues on the new Grand???
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive heard nothing but great stuff about the crd like... more touque than the hemi and almost as much hsp.... im sure others will chime in but ive heard its great.. you might get turbo lag rock climbing.. or some shiot.. i dunno
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is junk pull the engine and send it to me..I will dispose of it for you..

rofl rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Derek Mc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got her,
Amazing engine guys almost silent and light years ahead of the Libery 2.8 CRD, the engine even sounds muscular being a V6, when it arrives in the US you will be in for a real treat.
I am averaging 27.5 mpg and quite delighted she is silver with grey leather and the stock Ltd 5 spoke alloys.
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if im correct the new JGC have and IFS on em, thats why i didnt buy onw but i knew i was gona wheell mine but u said urs is a company car so it proably wont go off road.

and in my opinion it is impossibe to beat V8..........except with a v10, 12, 16 ect.
Derek Mc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the big "V" principles and in the garage have a 5.4 BMW V12 sitting, however as the UK government demands $7.50 for a gallon of petrol Diesels are the only real option, still it is a V6 at least sounds great and pulls very impressively. It does have IFS and a very comfort oriented ride on a long drive so all in a good step forward over the previous two GC's
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeewww.. wat the fuck??? why is jeep using IFS? Crying or Very sad .. i want to pee on who ever passed that shit idea... i was dissapointed with the liberty too.. but now GC... HOW DO I COMPLAIN TO JEEP???? IFS is for soccer moms i.e. toyota and ford and chevy.... JEEP is built on solid axle off orad domination... im actually pist! Evil or Very Mad
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i was 2, im not shure what year they changed em but i have test drove 2 new ones and they both had an ifs, so dont go buy a brand new one off the lot.
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DankNesS wrote:
eeewww.. wat the fuck??? why is jeep using IFS? Crying or Very sad .. i want to pee on who ever passed that shit idea... i was dissapointed with the liberty too.. but now GC... HOW DO I COMPLAIN TO JEEP???? IFS is for soccer moms i.e. toyota and ford and chevy.... JEEP is built on solid axle off orad domination... im actually pist! Evil or Very Mad

Did you just crawl out from under a rock??? The GC went to IFS almost 3 years ago.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crybaby ... yeah :yawn:... i guess i did!!! what kinda of sick twisted world would let this happen? i blame bush. flipoff agree rofl rofl rofl
Derek Mc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong reaction's here guys,,,,, pissed I have had three GC's now one from each generation. the earliest one as a really nice tool that did show it's offroad heritage the most i.e. carpark turns and the way the wheel would scrabble about as it locked itself in knots, the later model was far better built and smoother but did feel "softer" and less able. This one has the best 4x4 system of them all has excellent ground clearance but as 99% of these are never going to go further than the grass verge we never really get to know the truth about ability and also in the UK we are so heavily regulated on what we can do and where we can drive that we end up with damp grassy lanes only to play in, no Rubicon's here or anything, so I guess an IFS will not really do me any bad service.
Still it is nice to drive a "Real" 4x4 instead on Santa Fe's CRV's and Rav4's clogging things up
nori

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:

Did you just crawl out from under a rock??? The GC went to IFS almost 3 years ago.

That makes ZJ an instant classic! Great cars are meant to be discontinued for some unpopular reasons.

Mr. Green
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now your makingme feel old.. driving this classic around... bwaa ha ha
viper24242

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes that classics are where its at. Need I mention the 1968 Shelby GT 500?

I don't think I would ever drive any other grand cherokee than the zj.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: