Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ccv or pcv hose?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdlel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: ccv or pcv hose? Reply with quote

I have a '97 tj, 2.5L, 4cyl, and was running through maintanence and repairs checking the vacuum hoses, etc. after replacing the MAP sensor because of a check engine light came on and the engine was running too rich. Still not back to normal performance. I went to check the pcv (or ccv i believe in my case) fitting and pulled off the fresh air inlet hose as well from the top of the crankcase. My problem now is that i can't get the plug back in there on top of the crankcase. I tried using a little oil and warmed the engine but that sucker is stubborn to get back in there. any tips on that? and also why performance might not be back up to par after replacing the MAP sensor? no more check engine light, just bad performance.
KnightFire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why it won't fit back in, never seen that one happen, did you try freezing it and warming the the engine?

What was the code that mandated the replacement of the TPS? Did you reset the PCM after installing the TPS?

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: