Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jacking up my rear axle with 12in. max hydroulic jack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nori

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Jacking up my rear axle with 12in. max hydroulic jack Reply with quote

I've got this 12in max hydroulic jack that works great for the front axle but not so good for the rear. I use center of the front axle (right next to the gear box) to lift the car, then put jackstands on far ends of the axle.

I need to put jackstands on both sides of the rear axle, but I don't have any space to jack up unless I lift it by the rear differential gearbox (which I was told not to do). My hydroulic jack doesn't reach up to the frame, is there a solution to this?

I was recommended to put a few wood blocks under the hydroulic jack but this doesn't sound so safe to me.

Thanks.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine to jack at the pumpkin, you can put a piece of wood between the jack and rear end to prevent marring. Make sure you chock the front tires.
nori

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it Orange. Thank you! I'll make sure to chock the front tires too. I came from an earthquake nation. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: