Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to go bigger any suggestions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaredsjeep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Want to go bigger any suggestions? Reply with quote

I have a rustys 4.5in lift with 33" and its just not working for me. I want to go bigger. I was thinking anywhere above 6". I might go with the 5.5 LA Rubicon Express and just add some shackles and get their 7.5" front coils, but what would you guys recommend?
DavidXJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like RE spings and parts, T&T customs makes a 7.5" lift that uses some RE srings and joints, but has bent lower control arms that have more clearance. Here is a link to their site.
http://www.tntcustoms.com/webv5/xjylinksystem.asp
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TnT's Y-Link control arm setup was still in development when I went with a Full Traction LA kit. Mine is a 6" kit, but it also comes in an 8" variety.

Although I'm extremely happy with the FT kit...given the choice now, I would prolly go with TnT's kit...it's a very nice setup.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
c130herc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running about 6.5" with 35” tires by using Rusty’s 6.5” front coils, GMC jimmy leaf spring mod on the back with 1.5” boomerang shackles. I installed the T&T Y-Link upgrade. Link to my T&T write-up. http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=63364#63364
jaredsjeep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a great lift, but im not sure I like the 3.5" rear leaf springs. I would like to go with bigger leaf springs. any other suggestions, does anyone have any knowledge or expereince about the RE 5.5" LA lift
c130herc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaredsjeep wrote:
sounds like a great lift, but im not sure I like the 3.5" rear leaf springs. I would like to go with bigger leaf springs. any other suggestions, does anyone have any knowledge or expereince about the RE 5.5" LA lift

My rear leafs are not 3.5", the GMC leaf mod gives me 5" plus the 1.5" from the shackels. I am sitting pretty much level with the front coil springs.
jaredsjeep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't talking about your leaf spring, but the ones that come with the tnt kit. Where did you get your Jimmy springs, and other than what you already said, what else incorporates your lift?
c130herc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the upgrade kit, the T&T springs are RE I beleve.
I got them from a junk yard off an 80s GMC Jimmy for $50 but the Chevy S10 and such are the same leafs. The yard cut off the eye hole to remove them. Remove every leaf but the top one off your stock pack then put the whole GMC pack up woth your stock top leaf. The Jimmy pack comes with spring clamps that bolt on so remove them and then clamp around your top leaf. This will net you about 5" you then can add the 1.5" shackels and this will put you about 6.5". I then put the Rusty's 6.5" front coils in the front.
I do have custom brake lines and an SYE. Stock arms will not be long enough for this lift. Before I had my T&T kit I had Rusty's fixed upper and adjustiable lower with a set of drop down brackets. This worked really well.
I am leaving to go wheeling and try out my new longarm kit now. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Aaron
DavidXJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read online somewhere that the Jimmy/S-10 spring pack lift in the back is quite stiff. What are your impressions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: