Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pacesetter headers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wranglerRyan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Pacesetter headers? Reply with quote

I have a 97 4cyl wrangler and my exshaust manifold is cracked and i was looking into getting an aftermarket header and down pipe. Pacesetter makes a nice kit. and i was wondering if any one has had any experience with them. I know banks and borla have some very nice applications but i what something cheaper and also with the same reliablity.
Thanks
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd use the cracked OEM manifold before I'd put anything Pacesetter on my vehicles. Banks and possibly Clifford make 4 cyl headers.
hutchman
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Pacesetter headers? Reply with quote

wranglerRyan wrote:
I have a 97 4cyl wrangler and my exshaust manifold is cracked and i was looking into getting an aftermarket header and down pipe. Pacesetter makes a nice kit. and i was wondering if any one has had any experience with them. I know banks and borla have some very nice applications but i what something cheaper and also with the same reliablity.
Thanks

I've never owned a 4 cyl, but from what I read, it is very easy to kill the bottom end torque on one of them with aftermarket exhaust and intake mods. The 4 cyl engine starts out low in torgue and combine that with a reduction due to mods, you could end up with a less than satisfactory setup.

If it was mine, and I know it isn't, I would put a stock manifold back on it. If I was concerned about a performance increase, I would re-gear.

FWIW.

Hutch
IBTJn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More often than not, "same reliability" & "Cheaper" don't go together. You get what you pay for. I too would go with a factory exhaust manifold. But then again, it is your rig. Wink
fourwheelsolutions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the I4 but the pacesetter headers suck they 'll crack faster than the stock ones with some aftermarket headers are life time but yes they brake too I know I have the banks and it lasted only 2 years it cracked in 6 places watch what you buy cheap is cheap.
bltracer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a Pacesetter Header on my 97 4 banger for 2 years now. The first one I got blew a weld out on the CARB badge. Pacesetter sent me a new one out and gave me 30 days to send them the bad one back. They stood behind it no problem. As for losing torque, I would say NO, if anything, I gained some. Together with the Header, I put in a hi-flow cat and Magnaflow muffler. I sound like a little rice burner, but at least it works well.

If I had to do it all over again, I would do it the same.

BTW pay the little extra and get it ceramic coated. Well worth it!!!!

BLTRacer
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself would go with the Banks header. There stuff is always quality, you get what you pay for...
A buddy has a 99 4.0L with a set of banks headers with ceramic coating that are at least 5 years old and still look brand new.
He says it helped with torque and a little in gas mileage too, plus the sound is nice and crisp.
I wish I had the money...

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
KHAKI-CON

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far the best i've incountered is my borla headers pricey....but worth every penny.
wranglerRyan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the Pacesetter Header for my tj and put it on the other day. nice throttle respones and i have a little more top end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: