Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jeep SRT8???

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love drag raceing off the line with tuners and and ricers cuzthe AWD lets me load up on the brake and gas and when that brake comes off my 5.9 launches like hell, i have taken a 5.0 mustang all the way up untill 75MPH... proably because of my 4:10 gears, gives great low end but less at those higher speeeds.
nori

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viper24242 wrote:
I love giving them half a car lenght then hitting that gas and staring at then when a "box" with 31 m/ts fly by.

going a steep uphill with fully loaded trunk. You get to see their facial expressions in slow motion wiith this 2+ ton vehicle. Mr. Green

If I can do this with zj, SRT8 must be out of this world; I just don't like the big wheels on SRT8, I'd put standard all terrain tire and probably take out the skirts.
drew42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait until I can see one of those in action . I , for one kick ass on the x-spressway when I have the chance. Finger .And it looks good too!!! Very Happy
nori

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a481ucUhj4A&mode=related&search=

shock
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

son of a Shocked
drew42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nori , nice film . Shocked Now thats what I'm talking about ! Very Happy Hope I can be nice to the wife until I finish my note on the truck that I have now, thenmaybe she will let me get one of those next. Wink
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats cool but that thing has weaka$$ exaust, that thing needs some flows!!

i WILL have one some day.
drew42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that Swampy and the guys are going to figure out how to re-align that exhaust . Mr. Green And hopefully I will have one. Twisted Evil But that speed has to be in km ? That would not be street legal .Razz
nori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says ZJ can't do the same???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxhqLpB9ozk&mode=user&search=
drew42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one on I-55 yesterday and it is all that. Cool My dumb ass had to mess with him . Finger But I have to say I held my own. Mr. Green The damn thing is just too fast. Embarassed And Nori that ZJ isn't a punk either. Wink
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is one hell of a ZJ, but i would still race him with my 5.9

some day im gona drop in a kick @$$ supercharger and put in a 5 speed manual and do a crazy engine rebuild with awsome cams, pistons, lifters, injectors, headers, and all that other fun stuff. (BTW i know that will cost me like 8K for all that)

like i said, thats gona be far in the future.
rssnrocket9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea the srt-8 is pretty sick, it runs 13.2's which is outrageously fast ( I think its the fastest suv ever ) that smokes 99% of cars on the street (evo's sti's etc. ) but its not really a true jeep, where are you gonna put a hitch on it with its center mount exhaust? and take that thing off road and youre guaranteed to fuck up the sleek low front bumper. all things said i'd still love to own one.
viper24242

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rssnrocket9 wrote:
all things said i'd still love to own one.

No question about that.

Do the srt8s have awd? I've seen a few with 4x4 badges and some without. With all that power it seems like putting the power to 4 wheels instead of 2 woul dmake it a little easier to control.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four-Wheel-Drive System
To create the first SRT vehicle with full-time four-wheel drive, SRT engineers developed a drive system that was lightweight, yet robust and reliable enough to handle massive amounts of horsepower and torque from the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8ís powertrain. One part of the equation was to create a new transfer case, combining housing components from two existing units with the upgrades needed to make it SRT-capable.

An all-new fascia on the 2006 Jeepģ Grand Cherokee SRT8 incorporates an aggressive center cutout to accommodate dual 4-inch exhaust tips.SRT engineers opted to use the front half of a Jeep transfer case chosen for its capability and light weight. It was mated to the rear half of a heavier-duty case, chosen for its ruggedness and ability to house the electronic full-time four-wheel drive system components. The transfer case output shaft was upgraded to handle high torque generated by the SRT 6.1-liter HEMI.

The result is the all-new 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8ís unique transfer case, which provides the necessary power-handling capabilities for the Grand Cherokee SRT8 while weighing 60 pounds less than a Jeep heavy-duty case.

Under normal driving conditions, from 5 percent to 10 percent of torque is directed to the front wheels, but as much of the 6.1-liter HEMIís torque as needed can be directed forward when additional traction or stability is required. Remaining torque is sent via a heavy-duty driveshaft designed for the European Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel model, to a Dana 44 rear differential upgraded with a larger ring gear within a new axle housing.

"We wanted the acceleration that only four-wheel-drive can provide," said Knott. "Our goal for the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 was to have a well-balanced vehicle with a high fun-to-drive quotient. The SRT-developed electronic four-wheel drive system is perfectly suited to this."

http://www.jeephorizons.com/news/06_srt8.html
drew42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that I went all out with Twisted Evil had nothing on it. But then again I didn't see too much of him anyway laugh .But whomever it was,they were doing some hella driving. Shocked If you are out there in this forum laughing at me , I thank you for humbling me. Embarassed Much respect. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: