Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP '99 Cherokee LF Window Regulator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raygun4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: HELP '99 Cherokee LF Window Regulator Reply with quote

Someone here surely can help. I have a '99 Cherokee Classic I bought a year ago after asking about them on this forum. Best used vehicle I have owned to date.Thank you.I had the electric window on the drivers side front just fall down the track all of a sudden.The motor still works.I assume the regulator broke or something. I cannot find a new aftermarket regulator for the life of me. Used ones are so far non-existant.Local dealership can order only regulator w/motor for 395.00.Local bodyshop can order same part through another dealer seperate at 230.00 for regulatoronly.I have found aftermarket regulators for 84-96 Cherokees for under 100.00.Are they the same or did they change something from 97-01?I have found aftermarket motors for 97-01 but the say w/gear,wo/ regulator. Could my problem be I just need the motor w/gear.I haven't tore anything out yet to see exactly what is broke .Can anyone offer their wisdom?Thank you in advance. Sad
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem is most likely that the teeth on the regulator (not the motor gear) broke - http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2301

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bamasteeler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: its an assembly Reply with quote

same thing happened to my 99 cherokee. you have to replace the whole assembly in the door. it is a complete track,motor, regulator, etc and mounts to your window. i got mine form the deeler and cost bout 130 i think. also have seen them on ebay to if you go that route.
dancerman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got both of mine here last year.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214370

Now $175 each. The price has nearly doubled since I bought mine.
kmehrtens

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a new window regulator for my 99 XJ - front passenger and it cost me $234 for just the one before tax from a Jeep dealer here in St. Louis. And whoever made the comment that the plastic teeth are now made of metal was right on target (I wonder why).
Raygun4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone.After posting I looked further through the forum on some older pages and found someone with the same problem (go figure).Anyway some else had the problem and fixed it with cotter keys and put it on a how to blog.I'm doing that today before I drop the cash on it.
Raygun4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!!!And it worked.I want to thank everyone for their input on this matter. I love websites like this were You feel like your stick'n it to someone for fixing it yourself and not have to pay to replace a part that should not have broke in the first place.Plastic teeth riding on a metal worm gear!? Who would have thought that would crap out on you?Anyway its everyone here and this website that made it possible. THANK YOU!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: