Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatic Trans Flushing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacknight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Automatic Trans Flushing? Reply with quote

I have a 93 GC with the 5.2L and 4spd Auto. I need to know how to drain or flush the fluid including that in the torque converter. I know how to drop pan and change filter but how do you get the fluid out of the torque converter? I'm also fixing my coolant lines by the radiator and auxilliary cooler as the rubber part of the lines need replacing.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this for you, it was posted a while back!

Swampboy Wrote:
To flush your tranny what you need to do is careully pull the tranny cooling line of the radiator and stick it in a 5 gallon bucket.. Then Start up the jeep and put it in gear while you hold your foot on the brake.. Rev the engine and it will pump put all the fluid.. (be very carefull not to overheat your tranny.. When you rev the engine you will feel the tranny pulling.. When it stops pulling stop reving the engine..

Then fill it with fluid and do it again.. (Use some cheap stuff..) Then when you are done the second time.. Reattatch the line and pull off the tranny pan... and change the filter..

Then fill it with good quality fluid.. I use Amsoil you can use whatever you want..

Like I said .. Be very carefull whe you are getting the old fluid out..
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or take the converter off and empty it into a bucket , my way is a lot more work like 20x more . some converters have a drain on them jeep doesn't believe in such tomfoolery .
blacknight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll do what Orangeamc13 suggested as per swamp boy's write-up I don't need to drain it that bad to remove it. At least 20x more work
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: