Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T-Case Drop Made Easy - Most Models (Shown XJ)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: T-Case Drop Made Easy - Most Models (Shown XJ) Reply with quote

When adding a suspension lift, the driveline is moved down further away from the transfer case thereby altering the driveshaft angle. As many of you know this causes all sorts of side effects. Anything from rattling a little bit, to downright knockin your teeth out. I had a similar problem with my 3.5" lift. On the decelleration my shaft (uh...he he) would vibrate to the point of people in the car were looking at me like "Whats that?"
To fix it I first tried axle shims....made it worse!
Then I called the ever-reliable Supplee Supergod and he sent me a Tera-Flex T-case drop kit. There was much rejoicing.........
There really wasn't much to the kit. Here is one side of it...

Its just some spacers and a few bolts with lock washers...
First thing I did was place the jack right under the center of the Tcase crossmember.

Next take the stock bolts out and some models you may have to keep them, some you don't, and some are studded(which is a pain in the butt...)
Mine were studded so I had to once again weld the nutt to the stud and back er' out slow......
Lower the jack about 1-1.5" down just enough to get the big silver spacers in there.

Then try your best to line it all back up and set the four bolts first before tightening it all the way up. Remember if you let the jack down you've got the weight of the entire tranny,tcase and the back half of the engine. Don't force something that doesn't want to go and make sure your bolt marks are sort of where the factory bolts were. You can tell by the scratching they leave.
Once its all done and once you call her Betty then Betty you call me Al.....
It should look like this

Mosquito bitten and still out in my shop - CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Corey! That looks like a 2" drop?

As an addendum, on a TJ the finished product (1" drop) will look a little sumpthin like this...

...oh yea, and I moved this to Projects & Reviews. Wink

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeepthing1127

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey correy what do you mean when you say studded bolts on the t-case crossmember? what size was the drop 2"s?

thanks bro
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Projects & Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: